Please add "Frame" to channels

Irishgranny
Ambassador

This is a channel of rotating pictures that Shaw offers.  When you're listening to Stingray music, there's  an attractive background on screen...a lot of us use the music channels  as background during daytime....much better to see attractive pictures than either an album cover or a black screen......PLEASE !!!!

Category:
Comments
PvT
Organizer

Reviving this old thread by seconding this idea/request.  Full frame beautiful images cycling through would be a great addition to Optik TV.  I saw the fireplace over the Christmas season, that was nice, but full screen wallpaper images just like the FRAME channel on Shaw would be fantastic! :-)

Miriam1
Just Moved In

I have just signed up with Telus (switching from Shaw due to Telus fibre optic upgrade in our neighborhood). We will get Telus installed next weekend but I am very disappointed to find out "The Frame" is exclusive to Shaw only and that Telus has nothing like it. Is this true? If so, please get something similar!

Miriam1
Just Moved In
I have just signed up with Telus (switching from Shaw due to Telus fibre optic upgrade in our neighborhood). We will get Telus installed next weekend but I am very disappointed to find out "The Frame" is exclusive to Shaw only and that Telus has nothing like it. Is this true? If so, please get something similar!
PvT
Organizer

They are running a Holiday Fireplace during the holidays at this time of year, Ch 10 I believe, but sadly no scenic "Frames" the rest of the year. It sure would be a nice feature to have when taking a break from watching regular programming but still wanting some beautiful on the screen.  Otherwise I'm really happy with my telus tv.

Community Power User
Community Power User

They're usually under Free VOD year round for the most part.

VOD > TV On Demand > Optik Local > Ambiance

PvT
Organizer

Thank you Nighthawk, I'll check it out. 

Community Power User
Community Power User
Irishgranny
Ambassador

Nice as the Telus ones are, they don't compare to "Frame" that Shaw offers.  Beautiful scenery as well as the odd "where is this place?" quiz...please, Telus, let's get this !

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Irishgranny et al.

I'd like to put the suggestion forward but I want to make sure I understand the "Frame" properly. Mind telling me a little more about it? And if you have an image, that would be great.

I know the holidays are winding down but I hope you got a chance to check out the Kitten Christmas or Snow Globe or some of the other festive scenes. It was the backdrop in my home and it sounds like it might be somewhat similar to what you're describing.

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Status changed to: Under Review
Irishgranny
Ambassador
I also watched the "Christmas Kittens" and some of the other videos on Telus. The Shaw offering "Frame" is similar but different. The one I like is scenery from across Canada...with background music..it's on a very long loop and every so often, there will be a question like "Do you know where this is? " You can go on the Internet & get the answer. It's just beautiful backgrounds with music..not so much one particular theme. Don't have a picture, but if you know someone with Shaw, have a look !
Community Power User
Community Power User

The service @Irishgranny references is likely sponsored by the travel website providing the answers to the questions. I have experienced this when visiting friends. 

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Good feedback and thanks for bringing it forward, @Irishgranny

I've passed the 'frames' idea on to the team that manages Optik programming.

Happy New Year Smiley Happy

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Status changed to: Under Review
Irishgranny
Ambassador
Yea Scoto !!! Now we can hope that the programming group listens to you. This would be a great addition to the lineup and would make a lot of Shaw transferees happy. Thanks for this !
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

You bet, @Irishgranny Smiley Happy