Phising email

scottbj
Just Moved In

Contact for forwarding phising email for investigation should be in sight of the telus Website so that it can easily accessed.  I recently received what I suspected was a scam under the telus logo.  I had a great deal of difficulty finding where to send it for investigation.

Category:
0 Likes
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

There’s a little more involved than simply forwarding a phishing message. Have a look here for some of the details, and paths one needs follow to address the issue.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the idea, @scottbj. The link @NFtoBC provided includes information on the different types of fraud as well as an email address you can forward these examples to. 

If you have any more followup questions, don't hesitate to start a topic here

Status changed to: Closed
scottbj
Just Moved In

Information on how to handle scam emails emulating telus needs to be in plain sight on the main web page.  If it is difficult to find, I suspect a lot of people will ignore it and consequently there will not be an appropriate investigation and action by Telus.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@scottbj - There are countless spam emails out there pretending to be so many different companies. Most originate outside Canada so there is little authorities or companies can do. If the messages are forwarded to the companies, they'll try their best to deal with them but ultimately, catching spammers is really rare. I don't know of any company that has that info on their main webpage. Most usually have it on a specific page dedicated to it in a support or contact section of their website. On Telus' contact page, if you type "phishing" in the search box, it provides the information.

@NFtoBC already pointed out a webpage with details on how to handle phishing emails and more. I'd recommend reading through that page. If you do get another that makes it through the spam filter, forward it to Telus and delete it.

Stay Safe from Phishing and Scams