PVR series filtered by keyword(s)

Just Moved In
Feature Request: The ability to record a series with a filter by key words.

For example ;I want to record NHL hockey games but only ones that the “Edmonton Oilers” play
Or
I want to record MLB games but only “Toronto Blue Jays” games .

So a filter by “keyword” or by “team”
0 Likes
Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IamSchuh Thanks for your input. To clarify your idea, do you mean a conditional "if, then" filter, for example - Record "Hockey night in Canada - but only when Edmonton Oilerss are playing". 

Just Moved In

Yes. Commonly hockey games are on Sportsnet in the guide as “NHL Hockey” so I record the series, but really I only want to record Oilers games. So the filter needs to be based on the episode description not the program title.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@IamSchuh Thanks for the clarification. Will pass this onto our product team so we can look into it further 🙂 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: Under Review
Just Moved In

Can we re-engage on this topic? I'm new to Telus and series recordings based on keywords were an option. Given that there's 82 games in a season I'd rather set up recordings once than doing a search every few weeks

Just Moved In

"were an option"... with Shaw

Just Moved In

Can I ask again to see if this is solved? Going from Shaw and in five minutes on the new TELUS platform and I’m already concerned. If I series record it will record every game. Based on them bouncing games from SNW to other channels I will end up having a series record in every sports net and thus end up recording every nhl game as I can’t specify a team. Shaw allows you to select a team and only record those games on whatever channel they might be on. This could be a game changer as I know I’m either going to have dozens of unwanted games recorded or I have to manually find the games and make sure I don’t miss one.