cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IamSchuh
Just Moved In
Feature Request: The ability to record a series with a filter by key words.

For example ;I want to record NHL hockey games but only ones that the “Edmonton Oilers” play
Or
I want to record MLB games but only “Toronto Blue Jays” games .

So a filter by “keyword” or by “team”
9 Comments
psl
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

@IamSchuh Thanks for your input. To clarify your idea, do you mean a conditional "if, then" filter, for example - Record "Hockey night in Canada - but only when Edmonton Oilerss are playing". 

IamSchuh
Just Moved In

Yes. Commonly hockey games are on Sportsnet in the guide as “NHL Hockey” so I record the series, but really I only want to record Oilers games. So the filter needs to be based on the episode description not the program title.

psl
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

@IamSchuh Thanks for the clarification. Will pass this onto our product team so we can look into it further 🙂 

Status changed to: Under Review
psl
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

jesse_aylward
Just Moved In

Can we re-engage on this topic? I'm new to Telus and series recordings based on keywords were an option. Given that there's 82 games in a season I'd rather set up recordings once than doing a search every few weeks

jesse_aylward
Just Moved In

"were an option"... with Shaw

FlamesFanYYC
Just Moved In

Can I ask again to see if this is solved? Going from Shaw and in five minutes on the new TELUS platform and I’m already concerned. If I series record it will record every game. Based on them bouncing games from SNW to other channels I will end up having a series record in every sports net and thus end up recording every nhl game as I can’t specify a team. Shaw allows you to select a team and only record those games on whatever channel they might be on. This could be a game changer as I know I’m either going to have dozens of unwanted games recorded or I have to manually find the games and make sure I don’t miss one.

Mainframe
Just Moved In

My use case is to record any title that contains “NHL Hockey:” on a specific channel.

set it and forgrt it.

So three years on, has there been any progress on this?

leafan69
Just Moved In

As seems to often be the case, an idea is floated through the proper channels, met with some degree of enthusiasm by the decision makers, then disappears with zero resolution.  Come on Telus, make an effort.  If not to satisfy the request, at least with occasional updates/communication to say you’re working on it or why it can’t be done. I too would love the ability to record series by keywords.