Optik on the go

Suelzle36
Just Moved In

Allow customers to watch their recorded shows anywhere on their devices. Much the same way xfinity is doing in the us.

Category:
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

I hate using slingbox to get around the limitation.  Slingbox is not stable, nor do I appreciate the 10 second delay.

xray
All-Star

@A_Kron 

No, this is not a duplicate of 35012. That idea was to provide more choices for live channels when you are outside of your home Internet connection. This idea is to provide access to your Optik recorded programs over the Internet.

Community Manager
Community Manager

My bad @xray - You are correct. Smiley Happy

Status changed to: New Idea
ShadiS
Advisor

Status changed to: Under Review
ShadiS
Advisor

Hi @Suelzle36 ,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. We are reviewing it and will get back to you when we have updates.

Please keep the great ideas coming!

Take care,

Shadi

ShadiS
Advisor

Status changed to: Under Review
ShadiS
Advisor

Hi @Suelzle36 ,

Great news! The ideas team have accepted to work on your suggestion. I don't have an exact date for when your suggestion will be implemented but when I do, I will share it with you!

Thanks for sharing such a great idea!

Take care,

Shadi

ShadiS
Advisor

Status changed to: In progress
ambert
Connector

Status changed to: In progress
dzigner25
Resident

I have been saying this forever.. I have a ton of recorded shows but not enough hours in the day at home to watch them.. Should be able to watch them as i do movies or A&E shows on the go:-)

jonathanhowes
Just Moved In
Totally agree I have to use my slingbox to watch shows whilst commuting Would be much better / neater solution to be able to just use Optik on the Go to achieve that.
iamstillvince
Connector

i would be happy if this was available even just while i am on my home network, use my laptop to watch my pvr stuff when family is watching other stuff.

jakehawkes42
Just Moved In

To clarify the requirements:

- as a user of Optik TV, I would like to be able to watch previously recorded material on any device in the house, including laptops, desktops, iPads etc. I would like to do this without disturbing those that are watching the TV connected to the Optik box. 

ambert
Connector

Status changed to: Requires Evaluation
ambert
Connector

Status changed to: Hold For Future Consideration
ambert
Connector

Hi @Suelzle36 

I just wanted to check in with you to provide an update on this functionality. Our product team has looked into it. We'll be unable to place watching recorded shows on Optik on the Go within our Optik TV roadmap for 2015 due to other high priority projects.

But, we really love the idea and want to make sure we don't lose sight of it as we build out our plans for the future. Thank you for submitting this awesome idea and we will definitely reach out. - Amber

9842856784_2f60de7c62_o.jpg

mikel
Just Moved In

Telus - Can you allow recorded programs, outside the home, through Optik on the Go

WE WANT THIS SOON.... : )

mikel
Just Moved In

I was told that this is like the suggestion box for Telus - but, it appears that anyone that posts something

that has already been posted gets removed.... so, where is the suggestion box so that many people can so to speak, retweet this - or do we just keep hitting "like" to repost the request so it becomes

" HIGH PRIORITY "

It took me 3 years of calling Telus and we finally got live TV - a long bit late - but, much appreciated.....