Optik on the Go App - Amazon!

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Can we have Optik on the Go App registered on the Amazon App store?  The Google Play store does not work with Blackberries with the emulator. 

Category:
0 Likes
Comments
ambert
Connector

Hey hey, @xl

Another swell idea. We're checking in with our apps team and will let you know once we hear back.

Have an awesome evening. 

Panda-Love.jpg

ambert
Connector

Status changed to: Closed
ambert
Connector

Hi @

I checked in with our apps team. We don't officially support Optik on the Go on platforms other than Android/Apple. 

Given that Android and Apple are used by the majority of our app users, we opted dedicate our resources towards those platforms.

This isn't something we'll be able to pursue this time around, but thanks for bringing up another great idea, as always!

Amber

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

To clarify, the Amazon App store IS an Android platform.  It is an alternative to the Google Play store.  As the Amazon Android store has a strong connection to the Blackberry OS, it means Optik to on the Go will be available to Blackberry and Kindle Fire users..

I'm not a developer, but as both are Android vendors... I assume having a second vendor may be minimal work.

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

fyi.... I looked at Snap and found Optik on the go working on my Blackberry Passport working last night.  Not sure if you need 10.3, but it works on Passport now...

There appears to be two bugs....

• The Passport is a half screen.  The "sign-in" button appears is obscured when trying to register.
  • Fairchild TV hangs after 5 seconds of LiveTV.  Is it because it's SD and not HD?

Can someone look into these issues?  It's great Optik on the Go no longer has popups demanding Google Play.

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Did some more digging.  The problem is not 10.2 or 10.3.  The problem is the log-in screen is too big to fit the Q10.  I created a new "idea" to investigate.