Optik » Manual Record series?

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

How come I can't set "Manual Record" a series.  Some stations like Fairchild is constantly changing it's series.  I sometimes forget to adjust for a series change.  If I can Manual Record in a series, it would make my life so much easier.

Sometimes my News recording series will exclude an episode when they change the anchor.  A Manual Record will avoid this problem.

Do others see a benefit to this feature?

Category:
Comments
ShadiS
Advisor

Status changed to: Under Review
ShadiS
Advisor

Hi XL,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. We are reviewing it and will get back to you when we have updates.

Please keep the great ideas coming!

Take care,

Shadi

ShadiS
Advisor

Hi @XL,

I wanted to let you know that are adding this functionality to our PVR's in the near future. I don't have an exact date but I can assure you that it is in our roadmap with regards to TV hardware enhancements. Once I have more information I will update you.

Thank you for sharing your great idea with us, please keep them coming!

Take care,

Shadi

ShadiS
Advisor

Status changed to: Hold For Future Consideration
ShadiS
Advisor

Hi XL,

I was just informed that the feature exists now. You just have to follow these instructions: go to Recordings > Add a recording > Create a manual recording with…  Alternatively series recording function is also available on a per show basis; so if a show is every Wednesdays; by clicking “Record Series” it will record that show every Wednesdays.

Let us know if this does not work.

Take care,

Shadi

ShadiS
Advisor

Status changed to: Closed