Online 'bonus coverage' via set top box?

Alister
Connector

I see a number of channels offer 'bonus coverage' online of sports via their websites, and/or respective apps. These are often more niche events that don't demand a channel. For example, CBC are currently streaming the IRB Rugby Sevens only via their website, and TSN were offering bonus court coverage online only during week 1 of the Australian Open tennis.

Is there ever a time where Telus could offer this via their Optik box as an on demand service or similar?  Plenty of over countries have this as some sort of pop-up channel, or Red Button (as used by the BBC) type coverage that does exactly that.   To be honest, I'm surprised this isn't already a thing, it's hardly a new concept.

Category:
0 Likes
Comments
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Interesting idea, @Alister.

If I understand correctly, you'd like the ability to watch on Optik TV, content that the channel has only made available online.

To the clear - this is different than on-demand online and mobile content such as, for example, Disney Jr Go, right?

Status changed to: New Idea
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Status changed to: Requires Clarification
Alister
Connector

Yes, the ability to watch certain online only sports content via my Optik box.   This is particularly in reference to live content happening right now, but not on a TV channel.  I am aware that I can get certain sports content On Demand later on from TSN, Sportsnet etc.

For example, here is all the content you can watch on CBC via the app or their website (see the CBC Sports Streaming tab) http://www.cbc.ca/sports/broadcast

Here is the sort of thing that is available on TSN sometimes, as it was for the Aussie Open Tennis a few weeks ago. (below is a screenshot from the TSN Go app)

tsn.jpg

I just find it frustrating that I cannot easily watch this on my TV, and have to resort to using a computer or mobile device.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Alister

Do you have a Smart TV with Browser / Internet Access? That  could be one way to connect!

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Streaming from a computer or mobile device might work for you, as well. I'm happy to put the idea forward, however. I can see how that would be a good feature to have. Thanks for the suggestion, @Alister

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Status changed to: Closed