Netflix Login

Honza
Just Moved In

All devices remember your IDs and Passwords to sign into apps, but your OpticTV boxes don't remember it to sign into Netflix when accessed on Ch. 422. With on-screen "typing" it makes the task extremely frustrating.

We used to access Netflix via our network connected DVD, which remembered us, but your recently upgraded hardware took away a LAN port forcing us to physically switch cables to input the DVD, which is equally frustrating.

Please provide the option to remember the Sign In!

Your frustrated customer,

John Cihal

Calgary

<Personal info deleted by Moderator>

Category:
0 Likes
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

My Optik TV box has no problem remembering my Netflix login. 

Honza
Just Moved In
Thanks for sharing . . . mine remembers it too, but only for about 1 day. Since we access Netflix infrequently, we have to repeat the sign in every time. I don’t see any way to mark to remember it.
Honza
Community Power User
Community Power User

I last accessed Netflix on my PVR easily over a year ago. Still remembers it. Do you often shut off power to the Optik box or the internet connection? (unplug, shut off power bar, etc)

Honza
Just Moved In
While I do s/d the TV and PVR with single remote click, the power feed is never disconnected (and ‘Link’ and selectively ‘Record’ lights remain on) and internet is live 24/7.
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you using Netflix on multiple Telus receivers?

Community Power User
Community Power User

On that note, do you use Netflix on other devices at the same time as well? Is your plan with Netflix enough to handle as many devices? You can see your current Netflix plan here.

Honza
Just Moved In
Yes we do . . . how would that impact it?
Honza
Just Moved In
Rarely, but on occasion we may sign in simultaneously on two devices
timetowaste247
Helpful Neighbour

Netflix limits the number of devices you can stream on at the same time base on plan. The lowest plan is one user and the highest plan is 4 users. Exceeding this limit may cause Netflix to sign you out of your account.

If you want to go back to the dvd player setup there are options for that. You could buy a switch and split the LAN port to make up for the one you lost. 

Honza
Just Moved In
Thanks for the response . . . our plan allows 2 streams that we run extremely rarely; it should not sign us off.
I can install a switch, but it would be nice to use Ch. 422 and avoid having to switch TV inputs. Just trying to make it simple for my wife.
John