Name Caller Id for mobility

morfao
Connector

It would be nice if telus mobility could offer name call display like rogers and fido does.

Category:
Comments
Dogger596
Connector

This is one feature I loved when I was with Rogers. Dissapointjng that none of the other carriers offer it. It's merely a software upgrade. Telus please do this. You would make the best service ( yours ) even better. In the 21st century this should be available.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@morfao

Thanks for your idea! We've forwarded this to our product team for further evaluation. We'll keep you posted!

Status changed to: Under Review
morfao
Connector

Any updates rholee?

broadcastguy
Coach

I agree completely.  This is one feature I actually went to Rogers for at one point.  Too bad their network is awful in Alberta.  I would be ecstatic if this feature came to TELUS! 

broadcastguy
Coach

How's that name display feature coming along?  Rogers has only had it in place since 2006... it's time, TELUS. Smiley Happy

morfao
Connector

Ok telus whats going on!!

Its been over a year in under review.ant updates?

Jwillisbarrie
Just Moved In

It is now January 2017. Rogers has had this feature since 2006. 11 years ago.

If I get landline, it has both my name and number. If I get voip both name and number display. 

People are not answering calls without name, they are letting calls go to voicemail.

What is development status on this software upgrade?

mikegustavson
Just Moved In

Completely agree with this. We just moved all our business lines from Rogers and I can't believe this feature doesn't exist!

I feel like I've stepped back in time not having name display... Customers calling all day long and I don't know who they are (we have hundreds of customers, calling from dozens of phone lines so it's not feasible to have them all in my contact list).

Such a disappointment... this needs to be implemented ASAP. I am seriously considering switching back to Rogers.

broadcastguy
Coach

I have a feeling that if they don't have this feature after 11 years, they probably aren't going to implement it. This should have been a priority as soon as they implemented their GSM network; it wasn't a priority and clearly still isn't. A shame. 

mikegustavson
Just Moved In

@RhoLee can you provide an update on this? I'm new to the forum and not sure how this all works, but there seems to be a ton of abandoned ideas that say 'Under Review'. Is this normal? Should we expect progress?

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

They have finally started to pilot this feature in May of this year Smiley Happy It's in the very early stages so there's not much to share only that Telus has taken feedback and implemented a feature like this. They've rolled it out to multiple test groups now. Can't see it going negatively since customers have been asking for it for a long time. 

@mikegustavson @broadcastguy @Jwillisbarrie @morfao @Dogger596

morfao
Connector

Looks like telus is coming out with it after all.Theres people on telus and koodo noticing name displayingSmiley Happy

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1897235-Name-Call-Display-Finally

Community Power User
Community Power User

Name display showing up on the iPhone my today.

morfao
Connector

When i called from my cell (fido) to my friend cell (telus) sure enough it showed my name on her cell Smiley Happy....but when i tried the other way it only showed only number (telus to fido).

broadcastguy
Coach

I called Customer Care and they advised that we should notice name display between June 2nd and June 13th; random days but I'm okay as long as I know it's coming.

She seemed to think it was more calling out than people calling in, but let's hope it's both!

morfao
Connector

Ive seen on the website that plans come with call display+...whats the "+" part mean?

FIX_CID
Resident

If someone calls and they don't have a name set for their number for example: other mobile phones, VoIP numbers etc. the call display will show "anonymous" when a call is received. This is incorrect since they are sending their number but no name information. So if a call is received but they don't have a name, you should display the number in the name field as well, so we can at least know who's calling before we pick it up. So you should have something like this for example: IF CNAM = anonymous THEN show CNAM = E164.

FIX_CID
Resident

so its added but now if someone doesn't have their name set the call will be received as anonymous. The number should still be displayed if no name is set.