NASA TV Available on Optik TV

aliciavc
Just Moved In

The public channel of NASA TV has a lot of really cool live and recorded programs.  It is available online, but it would be awesome if it was also a channel on Optik TV.

Category:
Comments
worldtel
Connector

I completely support this idea. NASA TV HD is already carried by Rogers and other Canadian service providers. 

I posted a request for NASA TV HD as well in response to this post: http://forum.telus.com/ideaPost?idea_post_id=40716 and the status is marked Under Review. Here's hoping TELUS can bring NASA TV to its lineup.

ambert
Connector

Status changed to: Under Review
ambert
Connector

Hi @aliciavc 

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll review with our content team and get back to you. 

@worldtel We also appreciate your passion for new content on Optik TV. Please feel free to Kudo this idea if you like it. Smiley Wink The suggestion you put forward in the above comment chain was actually under someone else's request so it wouldn't have counted as its own idea.

Thanks everyone!

worldtel
Connector

Hi Ambert,

How is the review for NASA HD and other new channel suggestions with the Content Team going? 

Some of the new channel suggestions I am refering to are from this older comment chain:  http://forum.telus.com/ideas/40716/weather-network-hd-univision-pet-network-rds-2-pet-network 

Both comment chains are marked as Under Review, but so far no news in either?

If you could provide an update that would be appreciated!

Thanks!

ANovember
Connector

Any updates on this idea please?

worldtel
Connector

NASA TV HD appears to be showing on Channel 27 now. Smiley Happy

ANovember
Connector

I thought that HD channel numbers begin at 100?

Community Power User
Community Power User

You must be thinking of the old days from years ago. The vast majority of channels are HD now. Standard definition channels start up in the 2000s I believe. There are 4K channels in the double digits also.

ANovember
Connector

I know Nighthawk - I was questioning how Nasa TV HD could be channel 27 when the HD channels start at 100 and go up.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus basically uses channels below 99 and above 1 to promote various things, or even add a longer term channel. The majority of the channels do start at 100 but that has nothing to do with HD channels only. The HD only dates back to the old Telus TV days before the majority of channels updated to high def. Nothing says a certain channel number needs to be HD but I can't imagine any provider purposely adding a standard definition feed for new channels unless that's the only thing the broadcaster offers (very rare).