cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrhector
Connector

I recently signed up on a 6 month promo to the Fibre 100mbp/s plan which comes with a 500gb cap.  I haven't had TV service in years and have no interest in it but unfortunately the price of the unlimited data is dependent on being a TV subscriber.  $15 if you have TV/Internet and $30 if you only have internet.  

3 Comments
Landon
Just Moved In

It looks like they did this?  They didn't tell me about it though and I've been paying $30.00/month for a long time now.

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/internet/new/unlimited-data-usage/

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus doesn't opt you into the one free month "unlimited" without you actually requesting it. Perhaps you forgot you added it and failed to cancel it within 30 days. Thus incurring the monthly charge..

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Landon said:
It looks like they did this?  They didn't tell me about it though and I've been paying $30.00/month for a long time now.

The telecommunications companies do not change contracts arbitrarily, nor do they very often notify customers of changing options to the services customers have chosen. It is buyer beware as with many other services out there.  I recall many folks paying for rental phones long after the requirement for telco owned equipment to be attached to their lines was dropped. Same with cheaper long distance packages. Same with banks, and the availability of lowered interest rates on your mortgage. Etc., etc., etc.