Make Neighbourhood Forums Easier to Navigate

RKinMTL
Friendly Neighbour

Not sure why this would even need to be stated...but these forums would be MUCH more useful and user-friendly if posts were organized in some kind of identifiable order. I would suggest chronological order is the obvious choice. Trying to read up on the status of issues covered in a forum is ridiculously difficult when posts that are days old are interspersed among posts that are months old. What is the logic of this current setup? This ought to be addressed, otherwise I really don't think the Neighbourhood forums are doing what they can to help customers find the answers they're looking for. 

Category:
0 Likes
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

For me they appear in reverse chronological order, based on last reply. Is this not the case for you?

RKinMTL
Friendly Neighbour

No. I think I would have caught if these were displaying in any kind of logical order. Here's a screenshot of a small portion of one particular thread that brought me to the Telus forums in the first place:

RKinMTL
Friendly Neighbour

Nope...apparently trying to paste a screenshot into a comment doesn't work either. What a mess.

RKinMTL
Friendly Neighbour

Maybe as an attachment instead...?

Community Power User
Community Power User

Here's how this thread looks to me:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwitbhwizdq4pw3/Screen%20Shot%202016-01-25%20at%206.44.27%20PM.png?dl=0

I think I've figured out what happens in that thread. It is an article, rather than a regular thread. Every so often the table (first post) gets edited and updated with current information, and I'll bet that causes the dates of comments to be reset.

Look here: http://forum.telus.com/thread/53566/category/top/board/Mobility/software-update-schedule

vs. here:

http://forum.telus.com/articles/53566/mobility/software-update-schedule

Hopefully this will not occur in the update to software due out tomorrow!

Community Power User
Community Power User

Duplicate post.

ScottyJ Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

@RKinMTL We launched our change that was alluded to in this blog post, so hopefully that should address any sorting defects? Let me know!

RKinMTL
Friendly Neighbour

@ScottyJ if the intention was to simply HIDE the fact that posts are not in any logical order, then mission accomplished. On the one thread I'm following and which prompted me to post here in "Ideas" in the first place, the posted/modified dates are now simply not showing up at all! See below:

screenshot_01.jpg

Neighbourhood Alum

@RKinMTL No, that wasn't the intention - that wouldn't be too helpful, would it?

Indeed, there's a defect there. FWIW, the posting times are showing on mobile, just not in desktop. I'll get this looked at.

Thanks!

ScottyJ

Neighbourhood Alum

Status changed to: In progress
Neighbourhood Alum

@RKinMTL I mentioned you in the Articles thread about this, but I think the sorting issue is sorted. Can you confirm that it's working as expected for you?

Thanks for the report!

ScottyJ

RKinMTL
Friendly Neighbour

@ScottyJ, yes the entries in the threads in question appear to be sorted as expected now. 

Neighbourhood Alum

@RKinMTL Thanks for confirming. We're doing cleanup of visual elements here and there following the platform launch on the 26th, so hoping to pick up any design things there.

I'll mark this as complete, but please don't heitate to let me know if you find any other things that need attention!

ScottyJ

Neighbourhood Alum

Status changed to: Completed