MLB Extra Innings on Optik TV - MLB.tv with Extra Innings!

SportsGuy
Organizer

Hey Telus,

So it's great you finally added MLB Extra Innings, but many of us have already subscribed to MLB.tv and are watching it through our XBOXs, PlayStations, or AppleTVs.  However, sometimes it's nice to have a reliable HD feed, so if you set up your Extra Innings subscription to include Authenticated Access to MLB.tv, you might get some of us back as subscribers to the extra package.  Here's the link on how to do this: 

https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/

It seems like a pretty elegant solution to keeping your OptikTV customers purchasing the package, and gaining some subscribers back.  You'd certainly have my attention, but there's no way I'm going to pay twice for the same package.  Right now, you get zero dollars from me on this, and while you'd certainly have to share revenue with MLB for the authenticated access, part of something is better than zero of everything.  

I think the NHL used to have a deal like this a couple of seasons ago, but they abandoned it.  Maybe it was a function of the Rogers deal, I don't know, but anyone buying one of these packages will come to expect that they get the Internet version of the service included, or they just won't pay for it.

Thanks for your consideration!

Category:
0 Likes
Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: New Idea
Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: Under Review
Mack2u
Just Moved In

Paid my $200.00 to Telus for MLB extra innings, great. Want to watch the New York Yankees, great. So far this year out of 20 games  only 6 games have been televised on MLB extra innings. Sucks. When I go to the guide it will  show Yankees playing teams they do not and will not play. Then at the actual game time it will be a different team playing which it should be because the guide is wrong more than it is right.  At this rate by the end of the season I will of paid to watch 162 games but, will be lucky to actually see 50 games, what a deal. I would suggest to anyone to not subscribe to Telus MLB. Pissed

Kfidd25
Just Moved In

So any reason that you cut away from the Seattle game tonight at 11:20pm while it is still being played. Not only did you not start it on time now you cut it off not a happy customer. 

MIZZ604
Just Moved In

Mack2u - I don't know what they're doing this year. Something has changed and not for the better. I too subscribe for the Yankees games... last year got to watch all the games outside of the ones being televised on reg channels. This year, no games... PLUS I notice that 2 different channels are showing the same game... ABSOLUTE CRAP! 

I cancelled my $199 subscription.. I'll go back to MLBTV and watch the games on my laptop. At the very least, if MLB made changes to games being shown, subscribers should have been made aware of it. To cancel, I had to spend over an hour getting through to Telus as well... Customer support wait times are INSANE.

Mack2u
Just Moved In

Telus MLB just got worse. Didn’t think that was possible. Now the playoffs are on mlb channels for everyone else other than Telus customers. How come all the other providers have shown preseason- all regular season- and now playoffs , while Telus has shown less than half regular season only. They are definitely scamming regular customers here and don’t give a **bleep** because they already have your $200.00 and are basically saying kiss my ass because we don’t care about you. Remember Telus what goes around comes around. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

You do realize that Telus does not control the content on the various TV channels? In this case Rogers has been moving content around as they control / license most of it for Canada.

Mack2u
Just Moved In

Then maybe Telus should say for $200 you will get some of the regular season games but no preseason and no postseason games. If you want that you will have to go anywhere else.