cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

CBC has a lot of great material in Gem and it would be nice to make that available on the Optik STB for streaming.

8 Comments
MarilynB
Just Moved In

I agree, missing Gem TV on Optik!

Status changed to: Under Review
psl
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@FuzzyLogic Thanks for the idea. We'll be submitting this to our innovation team for review, once we know more, we'll provide an update right here on this page. 

Lbkral
Just Moved In

I sure hope this happens!

jadeb1
Just Moved In

Just re-upping this request. The Optik box should give the option to install the CBC Gem app, just like Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Come Telus, make this happen.

MargC
Just Moved In

Yes! CBC Gem is Canadian and it should be on the Apps for Optik TV. My comment represents 4 households that want this...

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @MargC,

The CBC Gem app is available for download from the Google Play Store on the TELUS TV Digital Box, our newest generation of hardware introduced in early 2023. If this app is important to you, you might consider connecting with a customer support representative to discuss your options.

There are both hardware and software limitations to adding 3rd party apps (including Disney+, Apple TV+ and CBC Gem) to the legacy Optik TV 4K PVRs and Wireless Digital Boxes. 

MargC
Just Moved In
Thanks so much for your helpful reply.

How can we tell if we have newgen tv box? We moved to BC and got telus in Dec 2022.

Thx

m

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MargC you wouldn't have the latest equipment in that case. You can always reach out to our team at 1-888-811-2323 if you'd like to discuss moving to that if you'd like. Also, I edited your post as it contained some of your private info!!