I want a Retro Cartoons channel. Can you please add one?

Just Moved In

I want a channel that has retro cartoons from the 60s and 90s like The Flintstones, Scooby Doo, The Tick, Garfield & Friends, Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat, Jetsons, Samurai Pizza Cats, TMNT, Transformers, Biker Mice from Mars, and even an adult programming block consisting of MTV's Downtown, Mission Hill, Duckman and the first eight seasons of the Simpsons.

Can we please get something like this? I know they have Boomerang channel in the states, but Canada so far has nothing to offer in the retro cartoon channels department.

0 Likes
Comments
Guardian

I doubt that will happen. Teletoon Retro shut down in 2015 which indicates there wasn't much demand. Some of the programming transitioned to the regular Teletoon channel. Any new channel would likely have overlapping programs with Teletoon. All this means there is slim chance a channel similar to the Boomerang streaming service will be added.

Just Moved In

A Telus Tech told me that Teletoon Retro was cancelled because some censorship board (CRTC?) determined that the old cartoons are too violent for Canadians and that is why there has not been anything to replace it here.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Teletoon Retro was shut down by the channel owners (Corus). The CRTC was not involved nor were they censoring any content.