Home phone long distance calls

DavidA
Just Moved In

Could the Telus Management please and seriously include Nigeria as one of the Countries on the list of  countries where Nigerian /Canadians can make calls to without additional charges? I just got a home phone with Telus and I find that it is still cheaper to make calls using a call card than calling from my Telus home phone . 

I know that the Nigerian community here is growing exponentially and there would be more home phone subscribes if the world long distance calls includes Nigeria . 

Please consider this seriously and kindly implement . 

Kind regards . 

Category:
0 Likes
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

One of the challenges is many African countries charge sizeable per minute fees on inbound international calls. If Nigeria is amongst those, then it would be unlikely Telus can sustain a free calling option.

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@DavidA Did you know we offer a mobility landline with our your choice plans? If you have any of our your choice plans you can add a wireless home phone month to montn (no contract) for $10 a month and add the $10 500 min package which includes Nigeria and if you go over the 500 minutes it's only .10 per minute to Nigeria! Or you can add the $30 per month a on a contract wireless home phone plan. It's a unit that plugs into your wall and has back up battery pack in it in case the power goes out. The plan included in the $10 and $30 before the Long distance add on is unlimited canada wide anytime! The long distanced plan is cheaper for Nigeria calling than the home service .30 per min Smiley Wink 

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

http://www.telus.com/en/ab/mobility/device/wireless-home-phone/index.do

Here's the link! 

Here's the your choice plans link too!

http://www.telus.com/en/ab/mobility/plans/?INTCMP=LNK_frmCTA_TopNavigationAll_toPlans__EN#smartphone

The link I pasted for the your choice is for smartphones if you are signing a contract. Right now when you add any additional lines as your choice add lines for cell phones you get a $10 a month discount whether it's bring your own device or on a contract Smiley Happy