Hallmark channel

SallyP33
Just Moved In

Would be nice to add it to Satelite selection 

Category:
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

They have no distribution rights to the Canadian market. Like most other USA specialty channels. Like SYFY, TRU TV , TNT USA etc..

LL7
Just Moved In

Hallmark Channel is a family-orientated channel, but also great for other audiences. Every year they create 12 new, original Christmas movies and air them each Sunday leading up to Christmas. I would be VERY keen on buying or having access to this channel that USA has. Thanks!

ScottyJ Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Merged ideas - thanks @LL7 and @SallyP33

Irishgranny
Advocate

Think Rodgers has the rights to Hallmark Channel for eastern Canada....so why not available out here ??

Tiara
Just Moved In
Why no hallmark channel? Love the movies ♡
Community Power User
Community Power User

CRTC determines what content is necessary for various channels to be available via Canadian distribution services. It is possible the Hallmark Channel does not meet this expectation.

Many US sports channels fall into the same exclusion from Canadian distribution.

Neighbourhood Alum

Hi @Tiara! Thanks for the idea. There is channel has been posted about already here, so please show your support for it by liking it Smiley Happy

Cheers,

ScottyJ

Neighbourhood Alum

Status changed to: New Idea
TrudyWagner
Just Moved In

I called Telus Communications and was directed here by a very helpful individual.  He said this is where I should share my suggestion for Telus to offer the Hallmark Channel.

Could you please look into getting this channel in your line-up as they offer very enjoyable movies.

Thank you

Trudy

Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: New Idea
bondiekb
Just Moved In
I'm missing all the Christmas in July movies. Could you please add the Hallmark Channel to your channel list in Alberta? Please!!
Community Power User
Community Power User

Unfortunately this channel  has no distribution in Canada and will never come here. The W network usually had some hallmark movies throughout the year though.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: Under Review
Ca2581
Just Moved In
Please bring the Hallmark Channel to TELUS.
Community Power User
Community Power User

This has been suggested before. You may wish to add a 'Like' to the existing conversation.

LeahWood
Resident

I've asked over the last year why we don't have the Hallmark channel.  Please Telus pick up this channel so we can watch all the holiday movies. We use to get a few of them on 4 times a year on ABC but now because Hallmark has created their own channel we don't even get that anymore.

Irishgranny
Advocate

As I posted a year ago, I believe Rodgers has the distributuon rights for Eastern Canada, so why would this channel not be available out here ??  It's a marvelous channel with a lot of family content....we need it !

LeahWood
Resident

My girl friend who lives in Ontario was tell me she has this channel in Canada. I wanna know why we can't get it either. PLEASE telus see into it.

Irishgranny
Advocate

Still no explanation for this not being available in BC !!

Community Power User
Community Power User

Hallmark channel isn't distributed in Canada by any carrier. Some hallmark shows did air on Bravo, W etc.