Hallmark channel

SallyP33
Just Moved In

Would be nice to add it to Satelite selection 

Category:
Comments
Irishgranny
Ambassador

See above posts...believe that Rodgers does distribute it in Ontario....if this is true, then why not to the Vancouver market ?

Community Power User
Community Power User

They do not according to their channel list on their site. Hence my post.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: Duplicate
NIcole81
Just Moved In

Would love to see Telus pick up the Hallmark Channel.  I know a lot of people who would switch to Telus specifically for it.  I have been in contact with the CRTC and was directed to my television provider.   According to the CRTC one of the Canadian providers has to apply for the rights.   I love all Hallmark programming so much better than a lot of the other stations so please Telus try and pick it up!!  I can almost guarantee all the When Calls The Heart fans would be over the moon to watch the show when it airs...

CarolB
Just Moved In

Would love to see Hallmark Channel added to Optik TV. Any possibility that this can happen. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

This has been suggested a number of times before. You may wish to add you voice to the existing suggestion.

DCayford
Resident

#CanadianHearties wish we had Hallmark channel in Canada to enjoy wholesome family programs. 

Very much enjoy the TV series When Calls the Heart and all the new movies they bring out yearly.  Please bring Hallmark channel to Canada. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

@DCayford - Hallmark Channel won't come to Canada unless it clears CRTC first. Asking service providers to add the channel before it clears CRTC won't work. You'll want to contact Hallmark directly. The more people that contact them to request the channel, the more likely they'll bring it to Canada.

pbsme
Connector

It seems these people just don't get it. A channel can't be offered unless on the CRTC approved list. If they check out the CRTC link below, they will not find the Hallmark Channel. Telus is not to blame!

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/publications/satlist.htm#H

Kimberactc
Just Moved In

We need Hallmark here on telus. What needs to be done to accomplish this. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

"What needs to be done to accomplish this. "

You will need to petition the CRTC to include the Hallmark channel on the list of channels available in Canada.

Smitna
Just Moved In

Hallmark is the best channel to have. 

They have a lot of family series that I truly think are good and proper to watch . I truly wish I could get it in Cranbrook bc. But I have had no luck yet

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Smitna Please read the existing discussion. It has been mentioned multiple times that Hallmark has NO broadcast rights in Canada. It is not CRTC approved. It will not appear in Canada until it is.

Hallmark Channel actually ceased all international operations as of 2011. Since they ceased operations there is little chance they'd want to go through the CRTC process to get the main Hallmark Channel (USA) brought to Canada, again. Sextant Entertainment Group tried to bring Hallmark to Canada in 2001. The company ceased operations in June 2002, five months before the CRTC approved the channel. WIth no company there, the channel never made it to Canada. Since then, and likely since Hallmark Channel closed their international operations, no one else has tried getting the CRTC to approve it, assuming Hallmark even wants that at this point.