Fox Sports 1 / Racing / Speed

canux10
Just Moved In

Im in Tsawwassen BC Canada and you NEEEEED to get Fox Sports 1  --->ASAP

I know many people that feel the same way. do it! immediately

thanks

Joe

Edited:  @ScottyJ edited the idea title, as I'm consolidating all of the ideas around Fox Sports Racing/Speed/Nascar etc.

Category:
  • TV Content
Comments
DannyJ
Just Moved In

I am an avid auto racing fan of all types of events. Most importantly, I miss my viewing of F1 and Le Mans 24hr. I would love to pay for individual sports racing channels without having to buy in to a package. Would much rather have Pay-per-View available for auto racing covering both domestic and international events like Le Mans. Telus really needs to expand its PPV lineup, not all of us are into wrestling and current lineup choices. Fox Sport 1 should be available for this.

Community Power User
Community Power User

This has been suggested numerous time (Fox Sports Racing) like some of the other posts in ideas where it has been suggested at least 10 times.

AS for Fox sports 1 or 2 it will NEVER come to canada as it's not a licensed channel to even be provided here. Nor will the CRTC ever allow them to enter canada to compete with Rogers Sportsnet or TSN.

Only channel that has legal rights to be picked up in canada is Fox sports Racing (AKA Old SPEED).

As for PPV racing events it has never happened in any series and never will. They have television contracts with those providers and that's it. Racing isn't the UFC, WWE, etc so it will never have a PPV option.

Mike3
Resident

It was bad enough Telus dropped Speed and didn't replace it with anything, such as Fox sports racing .  Now you drop NHL Network ???

And replace it with nothing ??

I will be demanding a refund.  What's the point of a sports package if you keep dropping the best channels ???

Bring back NHL network and get Fox Sports Racing.   

This is getting ridiculous

I'm done with Telus Optik TV, Home Phone and Internet.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus has nothing to do with the NHL network leaving the lineup. All providers are losing it in Canada. When Rogers won the broadcasting rights, the NHL network gave the 40 games it broadcasted to Rogers. Having not much need for the channel after that, being in SD never helped it either.

20 staffers at NHL Network Canada were told the league is closing Canadian operations Sept.1. Hard to offer a channel that has the plug being yanked from it...

So won't help to get mad, go complain to the NHL they pulled the plug on Canadian operations..
MikeHolt1985
Connector
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR COMMENT MIKE3 !   I THINK  YOU SHOULD  POST A  SURVEY ON  THIS PAGE  ASKING CUSTOMERS  WHAT CHANNELS THEY WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU CARRY!  EVERYONE  HAS DIFFERENT LIKES & INTERESTS.  BY DOING THIS IT WOULD BE A GREAT WAY TO PLEASE ALL  OF YOUR CUSTOMERS AT ONE TIME!  THANKS!  BIG NASCAR RACE FAN ! 

ADD  FOX SPORTS RACING  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

sandmanbc71
Helpful Neighbour

Yes, please add this too Telus Satellite - had to watch Tudor series on youtube this year. 

klrman
Just Moved In

Telus telus telus!!! Please give us Fox Sports Racing on OpticTV and Sat.  I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years and now have internet, optic and tel with you as well as my brother having sat tv and tel with you.  Right now we are looking at local cable companies to change all our service because no more racing channel from you. 

sandmanbc71
Helpful Neighbour

Here is the email I just sent to tvfeedback@telus.com, feel free to cut and paste and send it yourselves. Worth a try, it worked to get Speed TV HD added (while it lasted):

I would like to see Fox Sports Racing added to Telus Satellite TV popular package and to Optik TV. We used to have Speed TV, now that there is a new option I think it should be added again. This type of racing coverage is not offered on any other Canadian sports channel. 

It is available on Rogers, would be a shame to have to switch considering I am a long term TV, internet and phone subscriber with Telus.

sxrnathan
Neighbour

Do we have any updates on Fox sports racing coming to Telus? Scotty you know how important racing is to Kyley and I, let give this a nudge. 

bdub71
Just Moved In

I'm from Alberta and an avid racer myself. I know at least a few hundred people within our race club that would purchase Fox Sports 1 & 2 right now, please listen to the public Telus, we are asking that you bring back racing. 

sandmanbc71
Helpful Neighbour

New racing season is coming soon. And with Pick and Pay coming March 1st, this is the perfect time for Telus to add Fox Sports Racing. Come on Telus, drop the green flag and let us choose this channel.

MikeHolt1985
Connector

I LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY YOU COULD ADD FOX SPORTS RACING CHANNEL BEFORE MARCH 1? GO RACE FAN CAN VIEW DAYTONA SPEEDWEEK STARTING FEB 12- FEB 21? THANK YOU  

Kenny
Just Moved In
Please make available the fox sports channels.motorsport fans in Canada have been slighted when the speed channel was discontinued.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: New Idea
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is an active idea for this here. Thanks for posting!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: New Idea
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is an active idea for this here, so that would be a great place to comment and add your vote. Thanks for posting!

ScottyJ

Dayton
Just Moved In

Fox sports is a must for Canada and for satellite owners also!

rb1
Just Moved In

I'm a hugh NHRA and NASCAR fan that is chocked to find out it's not going to be carried in Canada. Telus, you need to correct this now. You do have a great product in optic TV, but I'll switch in a wink of an eye if another carrier gets Fox Racing first!! P.S.

mishkamireau
Just Moved In

I completely agree. With the new Nascar season started, I listen to my husband EVERY Weekend talk about this. 

I pay to live stream events on my computer. We loved the SPEED channel, but I wants all of my Nascar events back. Trucks, XFinity, Sprint. I pay for Velocity already, I'll pay for Fox as well. 

Bring it.