Covid19 customer support

Just Moved In
Hey Telus, in light of the covid19 pandemic and so many people staying at home, why not open up a bunch of channels to all your current optic customers for the next month or so? I know I would appreciate it. Benefit of being a customer to a company that cares.
0 Likes
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's not TV but Telus did waive data overage charges for home internet users until the end of April, for those who do not have unlimited data currently.

https://www.telus.com/en/about/covid-19-updates

Just Moved In

What is Telus doing to prevent Covid19 spread for  front line employees? What telus do if an employee gets sick with Covid19  while working? Will telus wait till someone gets sick before shutting down as a precaution like other carriers? 

Just Moved In

What is Telus doing to prevent Covid19 spread for front line employees? What will telus do if an employee gets sick with Covid19 while working? Will telus wait till someone gets sick before shutting down as a precaution like other carriers? Is telus willing to put all employees health at risk? 

Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus' Covid-19 page does cover most of those concerns. Telus does have a number of employees that can and do work from home. I am sure Telus has a plan in place for front line employees both in store and those more behind the scenes.

Nothing says someone absolutely must come in to one of the physical locations. I'm sure Telus also has plans on dealing with their physical store locations also. They've even rolled out several mobile health clinics in a few cities.

Just Moved In

https://www.shaw.ca/covid-19

Why not open up at least the News channels (CBC News Channel is free... but not CTV News Channel yet) and Kids channels as Free Preview till end of April (like Shaw)?

Community Power User
Community Power User

Some of the channels are in free preview currently. That would include Family, Family Jr, and CHRGED. Shaw makes it sound like they're making them available in response to Covid-19 but they were on free preview already for all carriers. The free preview ends March 31, even for Shaw.

Just Moved In

Thank you. I'm wondering why CTV News’ 24-hour news channels, CTV News Channel and CP24 aren't showing up as Free Preview in Telus yet. I was looking at this morning and still don't have access to it.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/amid-coronavirus-pandemic-ctv-news-makes-24-hour-news-chan...

Just Moved In

Our TELUS home internet and TV service is not working and hasn't been for the last 3 days. We have had no luck getting through to Telus. I understand that the call Center being is overwhelmed but we've been waiting on old for over an hour just to be hung up on after ringing. This is happening multiple times. I'm almost over my mobile phone data because I've been hotspotting for Netflix.

I hope that they also waive overages for mobile services has anybody heard anything like that?

Community Power User
Community Power User

There has been no announcement that any data overages on cell plans will be covered. Only the home DSL/Fibre plans were being covered for overages.