Channel guide

A3a14203
Resident

Currently the guide asks customers to find a category and remember a category number or channel number to bring up a desired program. My suggestion is that the guide should have a keyword search feature ( using one channel) where on entering a keyword there would be a display of channels subscribed to and others that customers might wish to subscribe to (sales function) . Then if you keyed in hockey the hockey broadcasts for that day would be displayed with channel numbers. Or if you keyed in Seattle; the Seattle stations and channel numbers would be displayed.

This need not be a terribly complex function. I always forget the number and category of Public Television; for example.

Category:
0 Likes
Comments
ShadiS
Advisor

Status changed to: Under Review
ShadiS
Advisor

Hi @A3a14203 ,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. We are reviewing it and will get back to you when we have updates.

Please keep the great ideas coming!

Take care,

Shadi

ShadiS
Advisor

Hi @A3a14203 ,

We have great news! Your idea has been accepted and our Optik TV team is working on it. I don't have an exact date for your suggestions implementation but once I know I will let you know! Good job, keep the great ideas coming!

Take care,

Shadi

ShadiS
Advisor

Status changed to: In progress
ambert
Connector

Dear @A3a14203

We wanted to clarify that this is a feature that is currently available with Optik TV.

1) Select the Search option on your remote

2) Under the menu, select Search under the "Live TV" option.

From either option you can use your remote to key in the search term.

Let us know if this works for you or if you need further clarification.

Best,

ambert
Connector

Status changed to: Closed
RemoteUser
Resident

@ambert 

Your comment is unclear. 

I'm not sure what you are referring to.

When I select "search" on my remote I get taken to the "Search: All" page.

That is a different search mechanism than when I press "menu" on my remote. 

Pressing "menu" on my remote takes me to another "Search" mechanism, found above "Live TV". 

There ought to be one search mechanism.