Bundle Home & Cellular Internet Together

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

Maybe i'm crazy, but I think telus should offer bundled solutions for customers that subscribe to their internet and cellular service. 

Instead of having two separate data allowances for home and cellular, bundle the 100, 250 and 400GB data buckets into one plan that can be used across the home and cellular networks.

There are probably dozens of billing system interrogations required for an ask like this, but I think this is going to be the way of the future for national providers. 

@Nighthawk @NFtoBC @xl @wally_west what do you think?

Category:
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Dark_Knight

Although I'd love to have unlimited cellular data downloads by paying an additional $15 / mo over and above my current landline bill, I simply can't see it happening due to the much lower costs of delivering date via wireline.

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

I'm not proposing unlimited, @NFtoBC there definitely needs to be caps for this proposal.

With all of the investment telus is putting into their fibre build, the cost gap between wireless and wireline data is starting to close. 

It's important to note that their cellular network runs off of their fibre wireline backbone....

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Dark_Knight

It is still far cheaper for them to install FTTH, than service large numbers of subscribers via cellular. You get to a point where you can't manage the number of radios and antennae on  sufficient towers to move the data. FTTH future-proofs their delivery system; they have a large pipe, and can put a great amount of a variety of information through it, and are far less constrained by the physical issues of copper degradation. Trail was completed with FTTH because the local insect population was busily nesting in the existing infrastructure. Fibre seals tighter! Cheaper to do a rebuild than constant repair!

In our town, they took just about all of SHAW's business away. The Sear's outlet (drop off point for Shaw) had the old equipment stacked up like lumber. They couldn't cart it away fast enough.

Nope, there's just going to be far too much data being moved around to do it all via wide area radio.

Still would love to share in your dream coming to fruition, though!

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

All it takes is for people to vote for the idea...I know you want to @nftobc 

Just click like. Smiley Tongue

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

fyi... Telus offers a $5 discount for at least a year when you bundle your mobile to Optik.

http://www.telus.com/en/bc/deals/bundle-mobility.jsp?INTCMP=TcomDealsBANBundleMobility

When TelusDirect is fully switched on..... your data consumption will greatly drop.