Blackberry Keyone for Telus Personal Customers

Nate
Just Moved In

I think you Telus should seriously consider making the Keyone available to personal customers as well as business customers. It seems from twitter that there is an interest in having this happen and that a lot of people are disappointed that it isn't planned. I have been with Telus as my mobile provider for around eight years now with no complaints, but I will definitely be switching providers to one where the Keyone will be available to me if it ends up being unavailable through Telus. I would rather stay with Telus, so please give some thought to making this device available to personal customers.

Category:
Comments
JJBarnett
Just Moved In

Me too. I've been with Telus forever and I don't want to switch providers, but might over this. Making it only available to Telus Business leaves out a whole bunch of small businesses. What about freelancers and work-from-home types? I'm a sole proprietor/freelancer so don't have a Telus Business account, but my phone is my business lifeline.  I need the productivity and security that Blackberry provides, but I also want the apps that are only on Android. This is a huge fail on Telus' part in my opinion. Many consumers are doing business but are not companies in that sense. Telus has let me down on this one.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@JJBarnett

I know businesses with as few as two cell phones on a business account. I also know LOTS of businesses with one point of contact, especially for wireline based telecommunications. Possibly you should see if a business account is available to you?

LARSmith
Just Moved In

I have been waiting for this phone for over a year. I was excited when it was announced that Telus would carry it then immediately disappointed when it appeared like it would only be available for business accounts. I have happily been with Telus for several years but will definitely switch carriers (likely SaskTel) if the KeyOne is unavailable for personal customers. I really prefer having a physical keyboard on my phones, the only issue is that with Telus Personal the only option now available to purchase is the BB Classic which runs BB OS which doesn't have the app support of Android or Apple. It would be great to have more options open to me as a Telus Personal customer, the KeyOne fills that gap.

1dsa
Just Moved In

I'm a little shocked that Telus hasn't reversed the decision yet to not carry the phone for consumers. It doesn't need to be available in stores. Keep it for online purchases only if you don't want to worry about unsold inventory. 

There is still time between now and the 31st for them to change their mind. I believe they will.

If not, I'm going to try every Telus partner store next Wednesday until someone sells me one. 

waves
Just Moved In

I know Telus may have got burnt with inventory on previous BlackBerrys but for a phone with overwhelmingly positive reviews, I'm not sure why they didn't bring in the KEYone. I don't feel like switching carriers but it looks like I'll have to if I want the KEYone (which I do)....here's hoping they make an announcement in the next week.

nnik
Neighbour

As a customer since 2001, I feel quite let down. They did not carry the DTek60 at all, no longer carry the Priv or the DTek50. If they don't carry the KEYone I will go to another carrier that has it because it will tell me that Telus has made it decision about who the want to serve and BlackBerry customers aren't included.

1dsa
Just Moved In

I'm currently with Rogers but was planning on switching to Telus. I really like the Canada-US plan. 

They basically had a done deal. I was planning on getting it through a Telus partner/business store. But then I thought about the next BlackBerry phone after the KeyONE. I'd rather go to Bell who is carrying the device for consumers and they now have a Canada-US plan. Its a safe bet that Bell/Rogers will continue to carry BlackBerry phones. 

cmh
Just Moved In

I think that Telus shouldn't assume that all personal users 1. do not conduct some form of small business and 2. prefer only the touch tone phones.

I have been a BB user from Classic to the Torch and now my Passport. Why because of the quality of security offered in BB software and the touch keyboard. I would really like to stay with Telus but may be forced to seek service through Bell who are offering this phone to personal users. 

I can fully understand the inventory issue ( which by the way was abysmal at Telus when I almost succumbed to the Google phone) so I am sure that an innovative company such as Telus can determine some inventory efficiencies  while mitigating their risks and protecting their margins. 

Crossett
Friendly Neighbour
Will it be available for non-business user? If not I'm leaving Telus.
Jlaros
Just Moved In
Hey Telus,

Can you please be so kind and make the BlackBerry KEYone available for anyone tomorrow!! I've been waiting for this phone and was really disappointed learning you weren't going to offer it to personal customers. I don't really want to but it I'll leave you Telus for Rogers the if I have to!
hwhiting
Just Moved In

I am going to Rogers if Telus will not sell me this phone.  I have been a Telus customer for over 15 years but if you can't offer the same products as your competitors then I am moving on.  

hwhiting
Just Moved In

I guess I am moving to another carrier.  Bye Telus it's been a pretty decent, while somewhat average, 15 years.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Crossett,

Thanks for your idea but we're going to mark this one as a duplicate. Please feel free to "Like" the original Idea submission here: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Ideas/Blackberry-Keyone-for-Telus-Personal-Customers/idi-p/72925

Status changed to: Duplicate
Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: Duplicate
CSM
Just Moved In

I called Telus today (5/30) no KEYone.   I am also moving to another carrier. I have been with Telus for at least 15 years.  Bell has the KEYone on their website.   I am moving to Bell.

nnik
Neighbour
<meta http-equiv="Content-Security-Policy" content="script-src 'self'; img-src * cid: data:;" />
Yes...in a few weeks it seems

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device - via the TELUS Network
DeanC
Just Moved In

I have called Telus this morning and have received no favourable answer about the keyone since none of the representatives have no answer to my Keyone query. I have been with Telus for over 12 ears and if Telus does not carry the Keyone I am moving to another carrier. This is a Canadian based company, which I have always and will continue to support and I only buy Blackberry.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Folks,

We've heard your feedback and we have some exciting news - the KEYone will be launching for consumer customers in the very near future. We'll be updating this thread with more info as it comes. Smiley Happy

Status changed to: In progress
Firefighter69
Just Moved In

I sure hope very near future does not mean 6 months from now.  I will hold off switching carriers for now but as I am not under any contract I have no obligations other than almost 20 years with telus

Decybel
Just Moved In

Just went to a Telus Business center they told me I needed to buy the full price 700$ + Tax + shipping. So now that I will received it Friday or next Monday. I read that it's coming to consumer now. I call for the past 2 weeks they all told me to look on there Web page call this morning they tell me only way to have it is to pay full price to have it. So I did