Blackberry Keyone for Telus Personal Customers

Nate
Just Moved In

I think you Telus should seriously consider making the Keyone available to personal customers as well as business customers. It seems from twitter that there is an interest in having this happen and that a lot of people are disappointed that it isn't planned. I have been with Telus as my mobile provider for around eight years now with no complaints, but I will definitely be switching providers to one where the Keyone will be available to me if it ends up being unavailable through Telus. I would rather stay with Telus, so please give some thought to making this device available to personal customers.

Category:
Comments
CanuckRS555
Connector

Been off charge since 6:30am. I'd say it's doing really well.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you all for your patience! You can now order the device on our consumer site and at select dealers. 

Status changed to: Completed
TheGelz
Connector

@Nate check it out, ^^ apparently is available "now" even though I've had mine for  week now 

AVDGOLF4
Just Moved In

@A_Kron Do you know which select dealers? I'm in Mississauga, Ontario. Thanks.

MP2
Just Moved In

I have never had any cell service but Telus, and I don't want to change.  However, I also have been waiting for the Blackberry KeyOne for over a year, and find it difficult to believe that Telus is the only company opting out of offering it to personal users.  I'm a recently retired business owner no longer qualifying for a business phone, but my current Blackberry keyboard actually has holes in it, I need to replace it and switch to a personal account.  I"m a hardcore Blackberry user and do not want a touch screen smart phone. Telus is has misread the KeyOne market as being primarily business and has denied Canadians the ability to purchase a well reviewed new phone from a Canadian company with loyal users---in the year of Canada's 150th anniversary of Confederation--unpatriotic!  I understand from a local store manager that Telus management is rethinking this shortsighted marketing decision, and I should be patient and wait.  Would you please have the courtesy to let us know when we can expect enough KeyOne product for personal customers who value both Telus and BlackBerry?  Our only other solution is to purchase an unlocked KeyOne from the US for approx US $750--outrageous--or switch companies.  Thank you!

CanuckRS555
Connector

@MP2 Telus is offering the KeyOne to all customers, and has been doing so since June 1st (over the phone). You can now also order it directly from the Telus website if I remember correctly. In fact I am typing this reply from my Telus KeyOne. Fantastic phone, prices are $199 on a two year term and $700 outright. Order it! You won't regret it.

Sure it took some consumer pressure, but Telus addressed their mistake quite quickly in my opinion.  

Cheers!

Jason

TheGelz
Connector

@MP2 he's right @CanuckRS555 either on the phone and or online. 199 isn't bad at all and I'm using mine to reply ! You won't be disappointed. At least I'm not