Blackberry Keyone for Telus Personal Customers

Nate
Just Moved In

I think you Telus should seriously consider making the Keyone available to personal customers as well as business customers. It seems from twitter that there is an interest in having this happen and that a lot of people are disappointed that it isn't planned. I have been with Telus as my mobile provider for around eight years now with no complaints, but I will definitely be switching providers to one where the Keyone will be available to me if it ends up being unavailable through Telus. I would rather stay with Telus, so please give some thought to making this device available to personal customers.

Category:
Comments
jayjayhumble
Neighbour
I just finished a chat with Telus Customer support who told me it was not yet available for consumers. They told me they would call me as soon as it was. Get it together Telus.
CanuckRS555
Connector

Finally caved and just purchased on a new contract rather then waiting god knows how long to be able to buy it no term. They are shipping it out today. Hoping to have it in a couple of days. 

Anyone who who has called in and been told it's not available I can assure you it is. It has been since last Friday. Ask to speak to someone else if you have issues.

nnik
Neighbour
<meta http-equiv="Content-Security-Policy" content="script-src 'self'; img-src * cid: data:;" />
I ordered mine last Friday morning... and yes,  I talked to a loyalty agent.... Never waste my time with the person answering the phone anymore....  They talk way too much

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device - via the TELUS Network
TheGelz
Connector

@CanuckRS555 awesomeness!  Great news ! Have with it ! Loving mine.

Totally if a CSR won't accept asked for someone else. That's how I started Rowling with mine 

CanuckRS555
Connector

Didn't want to sign a new contract but honestly, I was planning on staying with Telus anyways. I've always preferred their customer service. Can't wait to get my hands on the phone. Looks like I'll have an Apple Watch for sale as well. Haha.

TheGelz
Connector

@CanuckRS555 ahhahahhahahaha sweet!  

Apple watch eh lol 

I need a screen protector 

CanuckRS555
Connector

Yeah, made the jump back to iOS with both feet in. I will say if you have friends and family with the Apple Watch as well it's fun to challenge each other fitness wise and keeping updated with what everyone's doing. But I've been missing my physical keyboard since my Blackberry Passport. And now with full Android, no more having to deal with side-loading old versions of android apps that never work properly.

TheGelz
Connector

@CanuckRS555 true true

I couldn't get in to Apple lol even though I have an Ipod and recently and iPad lol 

This is my second BlackBerry Android since the Priv. I still have the passport but as an alarm clock lol. 

Miss BB10 and the Z10 love the phone ! 

JCA
Just Moved In

After 25 mins with a CSR who said he consulted with Loyalty, he suggested I try ordering it from "the Sales department". Then I got transferred onto a busy signal... Maybe this will be enough motivation to locate the car keys and the nearest Rogers store?

TheGelz
Connector

@JCA I would tell them I'm going to can cancel and go to Rogers and let them know that there was a message sent to everyone that the change was on Thursday.  

MartianStorm
Friendly Neighbour

Right now they are not offering any Blackberry phones on the website. I'm just going to check out the competition. It was a really poor choice not to carry the phone, especially after they committed to it early on.

TheGelz
Connector

@MartianStorm dude I would still fight it. How is it that I have one and some others have it that's not a business client. I would fight it and if they still refuse leave them and then see what happeneds. Cause honestly dude, that's stupid on there part

MartianStorm
Friendly Neighbour
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> body { font-family: "Calibri","Slate Pro",sans-serif,"sans-serif"; color:#262626 }
If they don't even want to carry the phone, what kind of support do you expect in a year or two? I don't intend to hack the phone so I could get the updates directly from Blackberry.

nnik
Neighbour
<meta http-equiv="Content-Security-Policy" content="script-src 'self'; img-src * cid: data:;" />
Lmao! Hack a BlackBerry? Forget it. Go buy a samdung

Sent from my BlackBerry — the most secure mobile device — via the TELUS Network
MartianStorm
Friendly Neighbour

Didn't I just say I won't do that? Or you just haven't trolled for an hour or so and you needed to let off the steam?

CanuckRS555
Connector
I've been using the BlackBerry KeyOne for 24 hours now and absolutely love it. I'm gaining my typing muscle memory back slowly. This phone is fantastic.
TheGelz
Connector

@CanuckRS555 glad to hear your loving it ! 

I'm always tyring to test the battery on this since I've gotten it lol loving the short cut keyboard and hardly using the actual app to open. 

I wish though the flick was a faster response like the Priv and the passport 

CanuckRS555
Connector

I think things will get smoother as updates roll out. I'm loving the battery life. Unplugged at 6:30am this morning and I've got an android wear watch connected via Bluetooth. Still at 86%. Fantastic.

TheGelz
Connector

@CanuckRS555 sweet! Hahahahahha you going to love it more and more 

CanuckRS555
Connector

Screenshot_20170610-151320.png