cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregoryYorke
Just Moved In

Recently I made a two-day trip to the states. While WiFi was available at the hotel, malls and restaurants it would've been nice to use my data outside of these areas. When I logged into the My Account app I was disappointed by the lack of reasonable roaming add-ons available as a Business Personal account.

I searched the web and found the Easy Roam add-on but when trying to add it to my account discovered it was not available for my account. Instead I had "elite" and "essential" options like $15 for a pitiful 15 MB or an INSANELY inflated $60 for 300 MB.

Upon arriving home I called customer service to see what my options were as I'm planning to return in May. Roam Ready was presented to me, but still $30 for 500 MB is laughable when Easy Roam is available to SOME customers.

I realize that as a business client I have access to great plans that are not available to consumer clients. I had a great grandfathered plan that I negotiated when leaving TELUS as a sales rep and loyalty recently worked with me to get a similar version of the plan that would allow me to renew. I'm grateful for that. But I feel like any add-ons available to consumer accounts should be available to business and business personal as well. I would add Easy Roam next May in a heartbeat. I'm not so eager to sign up for RoamReady. $14 for 2 days versus $30-50 depending on whether I use data only or voice + data? No thanks.

I'd also like to add that when I spoke with Loyalty I had to wait until Monday as Loyalty for Business is closed on the weekend. While a minor annoyance for myself, how does this make sense for other business clients? For some of them the only time they CAN call is on the weekends.

4 Comments
Status changed to: New Idea
RhoLee
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

starchoice
Ambassador

So I wonder if you have made any progress? Your comment was added in November of 2016 and status changed to New Idea in January of 2017. I too have an EPP account (business personal) but it seems that TELUS is busy figuring out how to increase profits (adding a 1.5% credit card fee) instead of giving customers more of a variety of plan options. I have been trying to get Easy Roam added but TELUS refuses to add it to my account. They will claim that they "can't" but this is not true. I did have one very nice agent who did add it for me on a one-time basis for a trip. At $12/day for the U.S., it is not that cheap. I mean this works out to $84/week, significantly more than the monthly rate that I pay. The list of available "travel passes" continues to decrease while the cost increases where  the plan options don't even make sense and/or are ridiculously priced. I'm not sure why TELUS ignores this potential revenue stream. My only recourse is to shut off the phone while in the U.S. and just use it where Wi-Fi is available. TELUS needs to do better on this front. When travelling with my wife, I can use her phone where she gets the benefit of Roam Sweet Roam with Virgin Plus.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager