App for cell phones that disable texting

Emigin
Just Moved In

Hello, got this idea from a report done by Consumer Reports. I think it is a great app that Telus could develop. Would show the other providers that Telus cares about the safety of their clients. Please watch this video: 

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/video-hub/search/teen/apps-to-prevent-texting-while-driving/32914...

Category:
0 Likes
Comments
ShadiS
Advisor

Hi @Emigin ,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. We are reviewing it and will get back to you when we have updates.

Please keep the great ideas coming!

Take care,

Shadi

ShadiS
Advisor

Status changed to: Under Review
ShadiS
Advisor

Hi @Emigin ,

Great news! Your idea has been accepted by our Ideas team. They are currently working on it and once I have an update on when it will be available I will let you know. But I was told it will take a few months. Thanks again for sharing a great idea!

Take care,

Shadi

ShadiS
Advisor

Status changed to: In progress
ambert
Connector

Hi @Emigin 

I just wanted to provide you with a quick update on this. Unfortunately we aren't moving forward with building our own app that disables texting because there are already so many out there that do this already. 

But we've heard you and we've decided to support the distracted driving cause in a big way! This month we've launched our Thumbs Up. Phones Down. campaign that is all about encouraging Candians to put their phones down while driving. 

You can find out more about the campaign and how you can help us get the word out on the TELUS Wise website.

Thanks again for submitting your Idea to the Neighbourhood. Keep 'em coming!

web_image[1].jpg

ambert
Connector

Status changed to: Closed