Annoying time remaining display every time you change the channel

wifivirus
Just Moved In

Its so annoying to get that black bar on the bottom part of the screen,covering important text,game scores etc, every time you change a channel.Its also useless. Who cares to constantly know how much time is left in every program every time they change the channel? If ever you did,you can simply press "guide".Please get rid of it.

Comments
xray
All-Star

I hear you and agree. I have been asking for a setting to turn this "feature" off ever since it was introduced. This and the Home Screen "feature" on power up are the bane of my Optik experience. They are small annoyances that gets repeated over and over again every time I turn on the TV or change the channel.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@xray The home screen can be turned off. Just hit Options on the remote when it's on the screen.

xray
All-Star

@Nighthawk thank you! I searched all the settings and options previously but never thought to try options while the home screen was still displayed. Out of habit I exit the home screen as soon as it shows.

It's a terrible design to only give you the setting when the home screen is displayed. How would you turn it back on since there is no way to get the option now?