cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kyle4
Just Moved In
We got pic tv with this in mind, but are currently casting only from our computer. It would a great improvement and would make it much more user friendly and attractive to others, if we could cast directly out of Pik tv to a Chromecast.
6 Comments
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The broadcasters have not permitted it. That is the primary reason why casting isn't available at present.

Kyle4
Just Moved In
Interesting, since they all have their own native apps for the most part that do allow it (after logging in with a Telus account).
Kyle4
Just Moved In

I want to add to this thought.  I feel Telus should push more on this.   By logging in and using the Chrome browser, it casts successfully anyway.  So it doesn't feel like a great answer to the problem.   

What is missing on the app side, which should be overcome able and benefits the broadcaster as much as Telus.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The brodcaster controls how they want their content viewed. It has nothing to do with Telus. The content provider has the last word. If they say no casting it’s no casting. 

I’m not a fan of casting. I prefer UI of an android tv device for my content. 

Kyle4
Just Moved In
That opinion is fair, but doesn't hold much water when it's doable through apple tv which Telus is selling.

Further, you can still cast just fine through a browser on your computer. Enabling it on the app being an issue is more likely a development issue instead, or a push to sell apple tv. Particularly since you can log in to the global or CTV app directly and cast. Live tv has commercials anyways so the broadcaster is still making cash.

Were talking about enabling it toake it easier and increase viewership ( easier process makes that happen especially with Android Tv release recently).
Status changed to: Completed
Amyj