cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PJGM
Just Moved In

I'm a fan of cartoons from the 60s to the 90s and would like a new channel just for these old shows.

I'm talking about shows like Ren & Stimpy, Swat Kats, The Tick, Reboot, Beast Wars, The Flinstones, Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo, The Real Ghostbusters, Garfield & Friends and a bunch of other shows. I'm aware that Teletoon Retro existed for a while but all I ever saw on it was Inspector Gadget, you need more shows than that.

4 Comments
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus does not control the content aired on any channel. The broadcasters decide what shows to air. Seeing as how none of the broadcasters have any channel left that airs those shows, it will likely take some significant demand from viewers to get those shows made available again. It would be nice to see some of the more vintage shows again but I just can't see any broadcaster making the effort to make them available.

Status changed to: Closed
Amyj

missiongrrl
Neighbour

Resurrecting this thread with a resounding YES! I'd pay a la carte for it too.

st0106
Advocate

I thought one of the reasons why people cut the cord was because of those reruns.

It seems like some of the shows mentioned are on other streaming platforms like Paramount +, CTV throwback & even free YouTube channels. Some are popular enough to be known internationally, so there’s a bigger chance that there are Torrents all over the place, and, without any TV bug at the corners, so it’s quite unprofitable to buy the rights and put them in a new channel while the whole live tv market is shrinking.