AMC on demand

cyndsie
Just Moved In

Ya'll deleted the first half of the walking dead season 5 from AMC on demand when we were in midst of watching the series. So unimpressed and unhappy about that. Especially  when we were wanting to catch up with the new series coming out. The whole point of me ordering AMC and doing another contract was for that show.

Category:
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

Deleting the content has nothing to do with Telus. AMC decides how long a shows episodes are available till they are removed. It's all part of the licensing. You can always catch up with it on Netflix.

ambert
Connector

Status changed to: Closed
ambert
Connector

Hi @cyndsie ,

@WestCoasterBC is correct. We don't control the content offerings of our partners. But, the great news is that you can follow along with this season's new episodes on AMC On Demand. I'm going to close this idea down as it's something out of our control, but we really appreciate your idea and would love to hear more about how we can improve our products and services.

Mlebout
Just Moved In

So, where is AMC???  I was disappointed to learn, after signing with Telus, that they do not carry AMC!  Telus needs to resolve their problem with AMC, ASAP!  Otherwise, I will be switching back to my previous service provider as soon as my contract is finished...

Community Power User
Community Power User

AMC? Optik channel 9303.

Greg2
Just Moved In

What is with AMC Preacher season 2 was there 2 days ago now it is gone 

I can’t get into the AMC app because Telus not listed 

where did it go when can I get it back 

Community Power User
Community Power User

The AMC apps are strictly USA only. Any reviews on them on Canadian app stores have nothing but 1 star reviews of people complaining the app is useless in Canada. AMC website is limited to USA only TV providers as well.

Where did it go? Preacher isn't listed under Optik On Demand currenlty. AMC likely pulled it down. It's not available on their full episodes page either. All that AMC has for Preacher is a bunch of extras clips. 

When can you get it back? Whenever AMC decides to release it again. 

WalterKemble
Just Moved In

I didn't get reminders from AMC about McMafia. there was no advertising either. All fine. Why are all episodes available at AMC.com but not in my AMC on demand via my optic TV? Only the last three are there.

AMC doesn't list TELUS as a provider so I cannot register on their site to stream the first episodes.

Thanks whomever can enlighten me. I read about some past confrontations between Telus and AMC where Telus sued them ....I just want to watch the show for the $175 I pay every month.

Thank xoxo ❤️🌹✌️

Community Power User
Community Power User

@WalterKemble,

The answers to your questions are contained in the earlier posts in this topic thread. Isn't it great they're still there for your perusal?

Elizabeth2
Just Moved In

So it has almost been a week since the last episode of the walking dead was on, I was out of town and hoped to watch it on demand...but nope. Not impressed for the amount of money we pay for for optic tv!!!!

Elizabeth2
Just Moved In

From reading other post, it suggest watching missed episodes ondemand...how long does it take to end up on demand? Last episode was Feb 17 and it is now Feb 23 and still no on demand for that episode.

Thanks

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Elizabeth2 

When and if episodes of AMC shows become available On Demand is determined by AMC. Some suppliers offer shows On Demand almost immediately, others longer to never. Some only leave shows On Demand for a short period.

The best option is to record shows you want to see, even if you do have the ability to watch live - gives you insurance!