Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No ratings
A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

TELUS Home Service Vacation Suspension

What is a vacation suspension?

It is the ability to temporarily suspend and pause your home services and pay a reduced rate while you're away.

Is there a charge?

If you have TELUS SmartHome Security, you'll be able to suspend your Home Phone for free. You will not be able to suspend your internet service as SmartHome Security relies on it to stay active. If you don't have TELUS SmartHome Security, there is a $15/month charge for each service you suspend.

How long can I put my services on vacation suspension?

You can suspend your services for a minimum of one month (30 days) and a maximum of six months, and can suspend them once every 12 months. 

Will my home security system still work?

If you currently subscribe to a non-TELUS home security service, and that service requires your phone line or High-Speed internet to work, you'll need to leave that particular service active.

Can I check my voicemail while I’m gone?

No. All calling features, including voicemail, are suspended entirely.

Will I have access to my TELUS email?

Yes! Your telus.net email address remains active and you can access your emails anywhere in the world via webmail.

What happens if I come back early?

Just give us 48 hours' notice of the date change and we’ll have your services working when you return.

I received a free gift or discounted pricing when I signed up. Will I be charged a cancellation fee?

Because you’re only suspending your service temporarily, there's no cancellation fee. Plus, vacation suspension does not extend the length of your service agreement.

How do I suspend service?

Simply Visit our website page HERE and scroll down to 'Start your request for a vacation suspension'. Then simply log in with your My TELUS credentials and you'll be redirected back to that same page with a form to fill out. Please fill this form out at least 2 business days in advance of leaving for the process to be completed. Alternatively, you can reach out to our Home Solutions team at 1-888-811-2323 to speak with an agent.

What if I return home early?

If something happens and you have to shorten your trip, simply contact us within 48 hours of returning to remove the suspension and reactivate your services.

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Comments
ZR
Just Moved In

I need to connect to a Customer Service or Customer Relations agent via email.  We have 2 phone lines and neither have been working for a week.  Talked to at least 20 different people and is not resolved.  Not sure why telus has not sent someone to check our lines.  Our cell phones do not work well in our location.  

Version history
Last update:
July
Updated by:
Community Manager
Contributors