Home

Trusted answers and information and Home Services devices and solutions from Neighbourhood contributors and the TELUS team.

TELUS Home Service Vacation Suspension

Community Manager
  • Contributors:

"Two roads diverged in the woods and I -- I took the one less travelled by."

~ Robert Frost

I just re-read that poem and, though very lovely, it does not contain any suggestions about what to do with your TELUS home services while you travel. Luckily I can tell you about it.

If you're heading to your winter home in Arizona or spending your summer working on a berry farm in the Okanagan, you'll want to consider a vacation suspension.Globe - Lizard.JPGWhat's a vacation suspension?

As an alternative to canceling your service, you can suspend it which allows you to keep your number and telus.net email address.

I received a free gift or discounted pricing when I signed up. Will I be charged a cancellation fee?

You will not. Because you’re only suspending your service temporarily, there is no cancellation fee. Plus, vacation suspension does not extend the length of your service agreement.

How long can I put my services on vacation suspension?

You can suspend your services for a minimum of one month and a maximum of six months once per year.

Is there a charge?

Yes. There is a $10/month charge for each service you are suspending. For example, phone, internet and TV would be $30/month.

Will my home security system still work?

If a phone line is required for your home security system you will need to leave the phone active.

Can I check my voicemail while I’m gone.

No. All calling features, including voicemail, are suspended.

Will I have access to my email?

Yes. Your telus.net email address remains active and you can access your emails anywhere in the world via webmail.

What happens if I come back early?

Just give us 48 hours notice of the date change and we’ll have your services working when you return.

How do I suspend service?

Give us a call at 1-888-811-2323 or contact us online at www.telus.com/chat from a computer browser and we’ll help you out there. 

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Comments
canucks4life
Ambassador

Do you have to suspend all services on account? Eg. Internet/TV client wants to suspend TV service only needs Internet active for IP security monitoring?

Community Power User
Community Power User

There is a $10/month charge for each service you are suspending. For example, phone, internet and TV would be $30/month.

Will my home security system still work?

If a phone line is required for your home security system you will need to leave the phone active

Community Manager
Community Manager

17-00720_SocialMedia_Neighbourhood_Scavenger_Twitter_blank-MeerkatMagnify.jpg