cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it necessary to call Telus once a month with over charges on my bill?

dlacykat
Neighbour

It has been a couple years now that I have not missed calling Telus at least once a month with an over charge on my bill. Mistakes, errors, technical difficulties or just random fees appear on every single bill, so I will never allow automatic payment for my bill out of my account. Has anyone found a safe way to not be over billed and not get stuck on the phone for at least an hour every single month?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chuck81
Organizer

hi,

is the overage regarding air time? sms? or data?

one way to monitor your service allocation is by downloading the free my account app for telus. you can find it in the BB App world if you have a blackberry, app store if you have an iphone or play store if you have an adroid device.

business users for example often use alot of data when it comes to emails. phones today have high resolution camera, which equates to larger file size images. taking multiple pictures and attaching them to an email can generate a 4mb email easily...

other apps such as youtube (video streaming), facebook, instagram can also account for high amount of data usage when used on 3G/4G/LTE. 

to minimize your data usage, I would highly recommend you connect to wifi signals when possible (ie at home, office, friends and family's house)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Chuck81
Organizer

hi,

is the overage regarding air time? sms? or data?

one way to monitor your service allocation is by downloading the free my account app for telus. you can find it in the BB App world if you have a blackberry, app store if you have an iphone or play store if you have an adroid device.

business users for example often use alot of data when it comes to emails. phones today have high resolution camera, which equates to larger file size images. taking multiple pictures and attaching them to an email can generate a 4mb email easily...

other apps such as youtube (video streaming), facebook, instagram can also account for high amount of data usage when used on 3G/4G/LTE. 

to minimize your data usage, I would highly recommend you connect to wifi signals when possible (ie at home, office, friends and family's house)