cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do I contact at Telus for rural fibre access?

Kelster
Just Moved In

Hello,

I live in the community of Big Lake where we have Telus landlines for telephone and the fibre optic network goes through the community enroute to the mine at Mount Polley.  We have a school, fire hall, community hall, library, general store, post office, a dozen local businesses and about 245 residences which could benefit from access to the fibre network.

Who in Telus management do we contact to discuss access to the fiber optic network in our rural community?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Get a local community action group to build a distribution network, and Telus is obligated to connect it to the high speed network. The community of Riondel did so, and you could likely get a lot of info from them about how to accomplish such a goal.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SmokeJV
Advisor
Have everyone in your community fill out the online form to request Fibre access.
They take the amount of requests into account about which towns are done next. They have already rolled it out to some small communities so there is a chance it could come sooner then later.

https://fibre.telus.com/iwantfibre/#overbuild_form

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Get a local community action group to build a distribution network, and Telus is obligated to connect it to the high speed network. The community of Riondel did so, and you could likely get a lot of info from them about how to accomplish such a goal.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Awesome!  Thanks for your help.