cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Passes

AskBedo
Organizer

Hello,

I am planning a trip to USA next week and had some questions regarding the passes. I am planning on using very little data and planning on getting the US Data Pass 20 which includes 25mb. However, if I see that I am getting close to the 25mb will it be possible to add on top of it the US Data Pass 40 to get 100mb?

Also, could I do the same with the US Voice Passes?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FutureFriendly
Helpful Neighbour

Hi AskBedo

Travels passes are a GREAT way to cut down on roaming cost, however yes it can get a little tricky when it comes to estimating how much you plan on using.That's why Telus does offer the option to stack/add to your data and text messaging passes.

Unfortunately for the voice add ons this option is not available, however what I can suggest for voice if you are uncertain of how much you will be using, is to try the US Voice Pass 20 @ $20, the joys of this pass is that your are reducing your airtime roaming rate from the standard $1.50/min to $0.25/min, wihtout being limited on how many minutes you can use, so you can use a little or a lot and in the end you are paying for what you use instead of worrying about overage cost

example

you use a total of 100 mins

$20 for the pass + ($0.25 X 100 mins used) = $45 total

Compared to $1.50 X 100 mins used costing you $150 Smiley Indifferent

Hopes this helps with taking a decision on which passes you would like to add and have a great trip! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

FutureFriendly
Helpful Neighbour

Hi AskBedo

Travels passes are a GREAT way to cut down on roaming cost, however yes it can get a little tricky when it comes to estimating how much you plan on using.That's why Telus does offer the option to stack/add to your data and text messaging passes.

Unfortunately for the voice add ons this option is not available, however what I can suggest for voice if you are uncertain of how much you will be using, is to try the US Voice Pass 20 @ $20, the joys of this pass is that your are reducing your airtime roaming rate from the standard $1.50/min to $0.25/min, wihtout being limited on how many minutes you can use, so you can use a little or a lot and in the end you are paying for what you use instead of worrying about overage cost

example

you use a total of 100 mins

$20 for the pass + ($0.25 X 100 mins used) = $45 total

Compared to $1.50 X 100 mins used costing you $150 Smiley Indifferent

Hopes this helps with taking a decision on which passes you would like to add and have a great trip! Smiley Happy