cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Account Suspension

FutureFriendly
Helpful Neighbour

Hi,

I have a seasonal business that does not operate during the winter months, unfortunately its just about that time of year again and was wondering if there is any way I can suspend my lines during that period to reduce the cost?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ana
Just Moved In

I just called 611 to suspend my service for 2 months, as I'm gonna be out of the country. And Initially I was told I was able to do it and then I was told I couldn't, so I was changed to the cheapest plan, still they say they can't assure I'm gonna keep my same plan when I come back. So I'm really considering suspending my service with telus for good, as I'm on a month to month service and I'm free to do it. Sad cause I was happy with the service. Any solutions?

Thanks for your time,

Ana

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AskBedo
Organizer

Hey there FutureFriendly,

Here at TELUS, we have plans to accomodate every business and we understand that there are a lot of businesses that operate seasonally and I am glad to tell you that we have a solution for your business to not spend a fortune during the winter months.

What we offer is called a "Vacation Disconnect" and what that means for you and your business is at the low cost of $15/ month per subscriber, we will suspend your line(s) and ensure that you do not lose your cellular number(s).

Please keep in mind that if there are subscribers that are on a contract, there is a one-time fee of $35 for a Rate Plan change as there is with any plan. If the subscriber is on a month-to-month basis then that fee is not applicable.

There are some restrictions that apply which will be communicated to you when we change you to that plan.

If you have any additional questions please let us know!

Ana
Just Moved In

I just called 611 to suspend my service for 2 months, as I'm gonna be out of the country. And Initially I was told I was able to do it and then I was told I couldn't, so I was changed to the cheapest plan, still they say they can't assure I'm gonna keep my same plan when I come back. So I'm really considering suspending my service with telus for good, as I'm on a month to month service and I'm free to do it. Sad cause I was happy with the service. Any solutions?

Thanks for your time,

Ana

I'm with you Ana.  I'm going to Australia for a month or two right after Christmas and am told that, if I choose to use the TAS service, I will not get to keep my rate plan as it is an older one.  I know for a fact that it is possible to keep it because I have had it done in a previous situation.  I have been a customer for over 4 years now and am at the the end of my wits.  If I didn't just re-sign last year I'd be gone too.

This math is what bothers me:

~$75 a month x 2 Months = $150 for a service that will not even be used, as the Telus sim card will be out of the phone.

I was told the current equvalent plan is $30 more and I will lose all the extras I've Earned over the years.  So in 5 months I will have broken even and for the next 19 months  I'll pay an extra $570 with less services, just so I don't have to pay for something I am not even using.   $150 is a couple hours shy of a days work for me and .000000000000001% in a shareholders pocket.   I always thought that good business and customer service is what kept a company in business, not locking people into contracts and gouge them for ever penny they can.

--end rant--