cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Huawei B593 Smart Hub

JTB
Just Moved In

I use the Huawei B593 for wifi and have had some problems with inconsistent data usage when it appears nothing has changed.  We have used a smart hub for internet for about 3.5 years and only in the last few months have we had trouble with using too much data.  We live out in the country, so no one is stealing data.  For the first 3 years we usually used anywhere from 5 to 7 GB a month.  Then we had three months at about 11 GB and then 14GB and now last month I shut it off after 20 days into our billing period because it was at 16GB.  I changed the wifi password and have now shut the wifi off completely but still seems to be using a lot of data.  I notice that the MODE light on the smart hub never stops blinking, even when wifi is turned off and nothing is connected to it.  Anyone else have this problem?  Any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CritterHunter
Organizer

Hi JTB,

How many device are connecting to the internet through the smarthub ?  Tablet, computer, laptop, mobile devices ? Each one of these device may be the cause of the high data consumption.  If you have more than one device hooked up, try to isolate the issue to one of them by disconnect all devices but one, then monitor data usage.  

If you have only one connected device or the data remains high when any of them is connected alone you could try a hard reset.  To hard reset the smarthub follow theses steps : 

http://mobility.telus.com/en/QC/Huawei-B593-4G-LTE-Smart-Hub/how-to-004131.shtml

If you need further assistance please contact our helpdesk at 1-866-558-2273.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CritterHunter
Organizer

Hi JTB,

How many device are connecting to the internet through the smarthub ?  Tablet, computer, laptop, mobile devices ? Each one of these device may be the cause of the high data consumption.  If you have more than one device hooked up, try to isolate the issue to one of them by disconnect all devices but one, then monitor data usage.  

If you have only one connected device or the data remains high when any of them is connected alone you could try a hard reset.  To hard reset the smarthub follow theses steps : 

http://mobility.telus.com/en/QC/Huawei-B593-4G-LTE-Smart-Hub/how-to-004131.shtml

If you need further assistance please contact our helpdesk at 1-866-558-2273.

Thank you.