cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much notice and money to end monthly plan and port number to Rogers?

dobes
Coach

With a monthly account, how much notice do I have to give Telus before switching to another provider? If I don't give that notice, will I have to pay a fee? How much? And when can I port my number over freely?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AskBedo
Organizer

Hello dobes,

You are free to switch to another provider at any time by bringing your number to that company, however fees may apply depending on if and how long you have a commitment with TELUS for. 

Please note that a $50 + outstanding Device Balance is charged when you cancel your TELUS services in the middle of your service term. You will also need to pay off your outstanding Device Balance. To get a better understanding, it is best to let us know by calling *611 or 1-866-558-2273 to provide you with the exact amount of what it would cost.

The fee of $50 is not charged in Quebec, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, or Manitoba, because of the consumer protection legislations in those provinces.

We are sorry to hear that you want to leave TELUS, before making the jump, please make sure to call us so we could see what we could do regarding the reason why you would want to leave us because nobody likes a breakup 😞

We are looking forward to your call!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AskBedo
Organizer

Hello dobes,

You are free to switch to another provider at any time by bringing your number to that company, however fees may apply depending on if and how long you have a commitment with TELUS for. 

Please note that a $50 + outstanding Device Balance is charged when you cancel your TELUS services in the middle of your service term. You will also need to pay off your outstanding Device Balance. To get a better understanding, it is best to let us know by calling *611 or 1-866-558-2273 to provide you with the exact amount of what it would cost.

The fee of $50 is not charged in Quebec, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, or Manitoba, because of the consumer protection legislations in those provinces.

We are sorry to hear that you want to leave TELUS, before making the jump, please make sure to call us so we could see what we could do regarding the reason why you would want to leave us because nobody likes a breakup 😞

We are looking forward to your call!