cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Survey Indicated That Employees Worried That Employers Obtained Their Personal Data

hensen007
Just Moved In

Aruba has released global research report indicating that staffs that used their own mobile devices to work still worried that employers would get their personal information. This report entitled “Employees the Truth About Your Company's Data” surveyed more than 3,000 employees worldwide, the results showed that 45% of European respondents, 40% of respondents in the Middle East area and 66% of U.S. respondents were worried about personal data loss.

This silence was from staffs’ negative perceptions to enterprise IT department, they especially worried that IT department might do adverse things to their devices and data. 25% of European employees, 31% of Middle East employees and 45% of American employees worried that IT department would obtain their personal data; 18% of European employees and 26% of Middle East staffs worried that if they handed over personal devices IT department would be likely mess up their personal data.

For employees who worried that IT department would obtain or mess up private data in personal devices, they can password protect files containing private information or data.

How do you think about it? Will you password protect your files?Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3

SA
Advocate

Hand over my devices?  Not likely.

Just like a robber who can physically take a safe home to crack at his leisure, handing over your data, encrypted or not, is not a smart thing to do.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

While I BYOD to work, I do not use it for my employers' business, nor do I connect to to their network. What's mine is mine, what's theirs is theirs.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Ditto @NFtoBC 

There are a few posts in the telus talks business blog about BYOD and the different apps/services that enterprises use.

Thankfully, my work offers activesync exchange for email, so they don't have access to on-device files. Other businesses utilize MDM systems like Good for Enterprise or MaaS 360 that gives your IT department access to all personal/professional date....at any time.

iPhone power user