cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roam Ready fees?

Matt1
Organizer

I am hoping someone can answer a question for me concerning the Telus US Roam Ready plan. I know I can call Telus, but I find I don't always get the same answer from two different customer service reps.

On the website under my account, under travel options, it lists the US Roam Ready plan as something I can add to my account.

For the fees:

• it shows the unlimited US talk as costing $20/ billing cycle once your first call is made or received.
  • It also shows the data as costing $30/billing cycle once used.
  • For unlimited texting it shows $2/billing cycle once you send your first text.

On a separate web page advertising US Roam Ready, not under my account, it shows the plan "starting at" $20/billing cycle.

So, my question is, if I am in the US and do not make or receive any phone calls, and do not use any data, but I do send and receive text messages, what will be the charge on my bill?

Under my account it seems that the fee for text only would be $2, but on the separate web page it implies that the minimum is $20 plus the additional text fee of $2, as though you can't have text without the call charge.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this?

Thanks,

Matt.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, so this is the reply I got from Telus and it answers my question, and it sounds like a really good deal instead of paying for a travel pass or $0.60 a text:

Thank you for your e-mail, I hope you are doing well. My name is Robert, from the Corporate Care team. It is my pleasure to assist you.

I am truly sorry for the delay in our response and for any inconvenience in regards to this matter. In regards to your inquiry, Roam Ready charges you depending of your usage. If you only use text and do not make or answer calls or use any data, you will only be charged $2. Remember that Roam Ready works along your billing cycle. This means that if your trip falls between 2 billing cycles, you might be charged twice depending of your usage. Your billing cycle goes from the 25th to the 24th of every month.   

I hope I was able to assist you to your complete satisfaction. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to reply to this email or give us a call at 1-800-672-6095 / 1-866-848-3587 or by dialing *611 from your corporate mobility number and we will be more than happy to assist you.

As a friendly reminder, you can also monitor your account via www.telus.com/myaccount.  

Thank you for choosing TELUS. We truly value your business

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
I know from friends with business accounts that the data and voice are separate, and assume texting is as well. So, in your scenario, you would pay $2 for the billing period.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks for the reply NFtoBC.

That is my take on it too.

I am still wondering if anyone out there has a past bill that they could look at to verify what the actual fees are.

Thanks very much,

Matt.

OK, so this is the reply I got from Telus and it answers my question, and it sounds like a really good deal instead of paying for a travel pass or $0.60 a text:

Thank you for your e-mail, I hope you are doing well. My name is Robert, from the Corporate Care team. It is my pleasure to assist you.

I am truly sorry for the delay in our response and for any inconvenience in regards to this matter. In regards to your inquiry, Roam Ready charges you depending of your usage. If you only use text and do not make or answer calls or use any data, you will only be charged $2. Remember that Roam Ready works along your billing cycle. This means that if your trip falls between 2 billing cycles, you might be charged twice depending of your usage. Your billing cycle goes from the 25th to the 24th of every month.   

I hope I was able to assist you to your complete satisfaction. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to reply to this email or give us a call at 1-800-672-6095 / 1-866-848-3587 or by dialing *611 from your corporate mobility number and we will be more than happy to assist you.

As a friendly reminder, you can also monitor your account via www.telus.com/myaccount.  

Thank you for choosing TELUS. We truly value your business