cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messaging

Way----Sund
Just Moved In

I have unlimited nation wide voice and text messaging.

How could I place one text message to my relations in Sweden and what would the cost be. Or is this not possible

1 REPLY 1

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Way----Sund 

"I have unlimited nation wide voice and text messaging."

• Using a unlimited nation-wide voice & text plan means that you can Call & Text across Canada. Calls & Text to USA, and other International locations will incur Long Distance charges. 

"How could I place one text message to my relations in Sweden and what would the cost be. Or is this not possible"

• Sending a text to Sweden from Canada is possible, however you will be charged for 1 Long Distance text message (if under 160 characters).

• The cost of one text message is a tricky one to answer. To the USA its $0.60/text so I would assume Sweden is $0.60 - $1.50 - Without knowing your exact plan, and add-on's it makes it hard to provide an accurate answer. You could always send one, then login to your TELUS online account to review the charge. 

• You CAN receive unlimited free incoming text messages from Sweden and other international locations (assuming you are in Canada).

• In order to send an International Text Message, you need to first find the country code Click Here, and put it in front of the phone number you wish to text. If you are still unable to send the text, you may have an feature which blocks international SMS.
  • If you find yourself wanting to send a higher amount of text messages to Sweden, you may want to consider adding a low cost add-on to your plan which allows you to send X amount or unlimited amount of texts to International locations including Sweden.

Don't like these options? As an alternative, you can use 3rd party apps (not provided by TELUS) which allow you to text, video chat, and send media such as pictures, videos, and audio recording using WiFi. Some great apps to look into are: WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, iMessage (Apple only), Google Hangouts, or Skype. There are many more to choose from. As long as both of you have the same app on your phone, you can communicate with each other on WiFi. 

I hope this helps...if it did, please let me know by clicking the little ❤️Like button.