cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS TEMPLATES AND WASTED PAPER

KamKat
Just Moved In

Sent: May 18, 2017 8:29 AM To: 'TELUS Support' <[email protected]> Subject: RE: TELUS Home Services update from your TELUS Personal Representative

Hi Tristan.  Thank you for your email and this opportunity to provide feedback on a “peeve” that has irked me to no end since the advent of computers and email throughout my office support/admin career.  It is a “bug” that is elicited from emails like the one you sent me below.  The “bug” is that your email could so easily have been formatted to fit on one 8 ½ x 11” printed page instead of the two that spewed out of my printer because of all the extra unnecessary line spacing in the body and your signature lines, unnecessarily large subject line and logo header, 1 ½” margins, etc. 

Throughout my lifetime, I have, on more than one occasion, had to spend h-o-u-r-s redoing, retracing, and replacing many documents and history because of computer breakdowns and/or temporary loss of its use at critical times.  Because of this, I continue to print many of my emails and electronic documents, while still trying to be mindful of environmental issues and reducing our paper footprint (not to mention wasted ink).  AS SUCH, I ASK YOU - PLEASE, WHEN FORMATTING YOUR EMAILS:

• GET RID OF ALL THE SPACING AND SUCH SO THAT THEY WILL FIT ON ONE PRINTED PAGE.
  • KEEP THEM SHORT AND SUCCINCT SO THEY WILL PRINT ON ONE PAGE. 
  • IF YOU ARE USING COMPANY FORM TEMPLATES, ASK THE ADMINISTRATORS TO REFORMAT THE TEMPLATES TO FIT ON ONE PRINTED PAGE.

Thank you for your time and consideration – and, hopefully, implementation of this request. 

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The world is moving to paperless document management. Computer backups are a very real necessity, and have become dead easy. I recommend this ebook as a useful read for those trying to make the move. It is not available in paper format, though.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"