cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Bundle rebate rip off

Prohab
Just Moved In

About a month ago a Telus representative came into my store offering the Telus security bundle. Get my 2 lan lines, business internet and security system at a better price than everything separate. Only catch is I have a contract with another security company. While the rep was standing in front of me I called my current company and $500 is the cost to buy out the contract. This rep said Telus is offering up to a $500 rebate to buy out existing contract if I sign the Telus contract. So I asked this rep if Telus will pay this $500 to the security company to cancel the contract. He said "Yes" and I gave him a copy of the contract, and contact information. I asked twice if Telus is taking care of this $500 buyout, Telus rep said again Yes. Telus guy said he has to fill out paperwork and I can review and sign online. So I said Ok, let move ahead. Paperwork comes in, gets signed I ask about rebate, get told will be coming. Everything gets installed and I get no info on the rebate. So I contact Telus. Turns out the rebate is a $500 credit on the Telus bill. NOT $ to directly buy out a contract. The Telus Rep LIED to my face and he called me as well and I told him he lied. He said misunderstanding. Yeah. No, I asked 2 times. So, now I have to take $500 of my money to cancel the other contract.  Beware of this rip off, not worth it. Screw You guys!!!

1 REPLY 1

xray
Hero
Rebates are common purchase incentives. It's offered for many products and I've received many rebates over the years. Not once have I ever received a cash rebate on anything prior to paying for the product.

As a matter of fact if you look up the definition of the word rebate it means a partial refund of money you paid. You have to pay first to get a rebate.