Did you mean: 

My wife just loat her phone is there any way tp track its location now

perc0014
Just Moved In

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

For starters don't wait until the battery is dead...   Other ideas...

• from another phone.... call your phone.  When the phone rings, you might be able to hear it.
  • there's been cases where search and rescue can triangulate lost hikers, works great if the phone is not in a  dense location like an apartment
  • if you have a tracking app..... you can try to leave a message to the finder, trigger the beacon.  Otherwise, engage the wipe feature.

For those who have not lost their phones.... consider creating an "ICE" or In Case of Emergency entry in the phone book.  When I am handed a lost phone, I look for an ICE entry to contact for phone return.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FutureFriendly
Helpful Neighbour

Sorry to hear about your lost phone 😞

What type of device is it? certain phones will have a locating app installed through the operating system, for example the "find my iphone" app, but in order for it to work the device must have a data connection, so if the device has all ready been turned off unfortunately it will not work.

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

For starters don't wait until the battery is dead...   Other ideas...

• from another phone.... call your phone.  When the phone rings, you might be able to hear it.
  • there's been cases where search and rescue can triangulate lost hikers, works great if the phone is not in a  dense location like an apartment
  • if you have a tracking app..... you can try to leave a message to the finder, trigger the beacon.  Otherwise, engage the wipe feature.

For those who have not lost their phones.... consider creating an "ICE" or In Case of Emergency entry in the phone book.  When I am handed a lost phone, I look for an ICE entry to contact for phone return.