cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Shared with Advertising Websites: Canpages & Horizon Automotive

Eve
Just Moved In

Hi:

Please raise this question with Telus Listings Department. I alerted Canpages to the fact that my personal residential address appears on an advertisement for Horizon Automotive Interiors on Canpages - nobody in my family or acquaintance has any affiliation with that business. Canpages advised that they receive the information for the listing (Business name, address, phone number) from Telus. Canpages explained that they contacted Telus to correct the issue and Telus refused to take action or remove my residential address from association with Horizon Automotive Interiors. The rationale: Telus didn't receive a response from their client. Respectfully, this seems unreasonable. I have been living at this address for nearly 5 years - I can only assume that my address has appeared on Canpages in the way described throughout this time (I only learned of the issue in March this year when attempting to google map my address. It was at that point that I contacted Canpages). In my opinion, it would appear that Horizon Automotive Interiors cannot be replied upon to update their own information or respond to clarifications thereof. Alternately, there are many methods to verify the fact that the owner of Horizon Automotive Interiors has no association with the address provided for the business. Please remove my address from this association. Telus Listings Department will need to issue a work order to Canpages to complete this process. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the email provided. I thank you in advance for your diligence and prompt action. 

Sincerely, 

Yvonne. 

2 REPLIES 2

Eve
Just Moved In

I forgot to mention this element and it is important: the phone number identified for Horizon Automotive Interiors 604-341-1396 is out of service. We cannot resolve this issue with the business and neither can Canpages.

It's equally unreasonable to expect response by phone from a client whose phone number is out of service. 

Your diligence is appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Yvonne. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Yvonne,
You realize the Neighbourhood is inhabited by customers, just like you. We have no access to the inner workings of Telus. You would be best to call in using the contact information at the bottom of the page, and ask to have your residential address removed from this listing.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"