cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to set up our new epic ev4500 phone systems but I do not get a dial tone?

sfnacs
Just Moved In

Hello,

We have ordered the new epic ev4500 a couple of weeks ago .....

I have been phoning Telus since August 13th, 2013 about these phones...

I have talked to random workers....

Each time I phone it is something diiferent...

1) you need to have a tech person to go do rewiring for your phone systems to work

2) they send someone but he was a home tech person not business tech... so he said he would send a proper tech person the following day but no one showed up!!

3) I phoned and talked to another person and the response was they would send a tech here on September 13th, 2013 but no noe showed up again.......

4) I phoned again today September 18th, 2013 now they said they will send a tech out here on September 24th, 2013..... following that phone conersation I recieved an e-mail stating they  will be charging $177 per hour and addition $55 site visit charge on top the $177 per hour....

5) then after recieving the e-mail... I called to comfirm the rewiring appointment... then I talked to a lady who said we do not need a tech to do rewiring because we should be able to just plug the phone system in and set it up and it should work......

6) but I do not even hear a dial tone....

7) getting very frusterated with Telus at the moment.....

😎 can someone please e-mail me back, as the phone system has no dail tone yet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick_TELUS
Organizer

Hello,

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you've been having lately. I took a look into the situation and found that as of right now, there is an appointment booked for the 24th to have the old phone system removed so the new system will work. There is supposed to be a charge for this visit, I'm very sorry that the agent you spoke with initially did not inform you about this.  

The person that you spoke with when you called in to confirm the appointment must have been misinformed about the situation, because I did confirm that you need to have the old phone system uninstalled for the new ones to work properly. The new system that you've purchased is plug and play on regular phone jack/line setups, but since you had the Nortel system before, there was a special configuration put in place for that system to work.

For good measure, I did some tests on your line and everything looks fine, so it is not a trouble with your line that's causing the issues, just that the way the line is configured currently will not allow for the new systems to work. 

Once again, sorry for all the trouble, and thanks for continuing to choose TELUS through this tough situation. I've sent a copy of this message to your email, so if you run into any more trouble, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,

Nick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nick_TELUS
Organizer

Hello,

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you've been having lately. I took a look into the situation and found that as of right now, there is an appointment booked for the 24th to have the old phone system removed so the new system will work. There is supposed to be a charge for this visit, I'm very sorry that the agent you spoke with initially did not inform you about this.  

The person that you spoke with when you called in to confirm the appointment must have been misinformed about the situation, because I did confirm that you need to have the old phone system uninstalled for the new ones to work properly. The new system that you've purchased is plug and play on regular phone jack/line setups, but since you had the Nortel system before, there was a special configuration put in place for that system to work.

For good measure, I did some tests on your line and everything looks fine, so it is not a trouble with your line that's causing the issues, just that the way the line is configured currently will not allow for the new systems to work. 

Once again, sorry for all the trouble, and thanks for continuing to choose TELUS through this tough situation. I've sent a copy of this message to your email, so if you run into any more trouble, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,

Nick