cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can Telus justify charging $2/ month just to send me a bill?

mpa
Coach

Pure greed and gouging!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Did you know paper is recyclable??  Why doesnt Telus use recycled paper if it's so concerned with the environment?

Did you know computers use power provided by coal burning that pollutes the environment more than cutting trees that can be replanted?

Also this argument may be believable if there wasn't a constant stream of marketting and advertising being mailed out weekly by Telus.  Far exceeding the amount of bills mailed out!!  Please explain.

But lets say you really are trying to help lol.  How has the campaign gone?  What percentage of customer's only receive online bills?  Does the extra $2 charge get donated to environment friendly projects or is it just added on as more profit for Telus?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AskBedo
Organizer

Hello mpa,

Thank you for your question as it is a valid one.

TELUS wants to encourage more customers to adopt paper-less billing (e.Bill) as their preferred method of billing to avoid the fee and enjoy the many benefits of online billing and self-serve, all while supporting our commitment to reduce our environmental footprint.

Paper-less billing is free, provides more detail and is available for viewing anytime, from any Internet connection or from any device.  It’s a convenient way of checking and managing your bills, while helping the environment.

What are the environmental benefits of paper-less billing / Impact of TELUS paper bills?

• If all TELUS customers used e.Bill, we’d save a 5,000 tree forest every month.
  • If last year’s TELUS bills were laid end to end, it would circle the globe 2.1 times or stretch from Vancouver to Halifax 19.7 times.
  • When stacked up, one month of TELUS bills is 14 times the height of the CN Tower.
  • With every customer that goes paper-less, we are one step closer to making a difference in reducing our collective environmental footprint.
  • TELUS’ e.Bill is a green and energy efficient service that helps conserve trees and reduce wastewater and greenhouse gases (CO⊃2). 

As a big company, we have a responsibility to be as environmentally possible as we can!

Here is a link if you want more information on how we give where we live and to see what we have done to help the environment:

http://businessmobility.telus.com/en/QC/Billing-Support/go-paperless.shtml?skipRedirect& 

Hope that help!

Did you know paper is recyclable??  Why doesnt Telus use recycled paper if it's so concerned with the environment?

Did you know computers use power provided by coal burning that pollutes the environment more than cutting trees that can be replanted?

Also this argument may be believable if there wasn't a constant stream of marketting and advertising being mailed out weekly by Telus.  Far exceeding the amount of bills mailed out!!  Please explain.

But lets say you really are trying to help lol.  How has the campaign gone?  What percentage of customer's only receive online bills?  Does the extra $2 charge get donated to environment friendly projects or is it just added on as more profit for Telus?

jldefoa
Just Moved In

I thing Telus's (and the banks, etc.) arguments are deceptive also.  

I end up printing the statements for my bookkeeper.  That takes paper, ink, a printer and electricity, which I have to pay for. Telus formerly printed and mailed statements as an included service.  Telus should have passed their savings on to me to offset my costs by reducing my bill $1/month, while Telus gets to save $1/ bill for the envelope and postage.  That would have been equitable.

Also, think of all the loggers that can't afford to eat, let alone buy a phone, since they are out of work.

Corporate executives are good at bald faced lying.  It serves as preparation for politics, which is good preparation for becoming a board member.

Why doesn't Telus lead the way and give an honest explanation.  Not mailing statement saves Telus money.