High Speed Internet · device registration

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Good Samaritan

Hello, I have a small warehouse outside of Calgary. My brother-in-law offered to install a second router so that my employees could have internet in the break room. I purchased a switch and a second router. It worked great until I started bringing my laptop in from home. Every time I plug it into the switch, I get directed to a registration page.  Is this another thing I can blame on my brother-in-law?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

Hi Randy,

The reason you're getting that TELUS page when you plug into the switch is because you're only allowed 2 public IP addresses to be registered at a time and your routers are already taking up both spots. If you plug your laptop into one of the routers instead, the router will be giving a private IP address to the laptop and this will solve your problem. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

Hi Randy,

The reason you're getting that TELUS page when you plug into the switch is because you're only allowed 2 public IP addresses to be registered at a time and your routers are already taking up both spots. If you plug your laptop into one of the routers instead, the router will be giving a private IP address to the laptop and this will solve your problem. 

View solution in original post