cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Speed Internet · device registration

Randy
Helpful Neighbour

Hello, I have a small warehouse outside of Calgary. My brother-in-law offered to install a second router so that my employees could have internet in the break room. I purchased a switch and a second router. It worked great until I started bringing my laptop in from home. Every time I plug it into the switch, I get directed to a registration page.  Is this another thing I can blame on my brother-in-law?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick_TELUS
Organizer

Hi Randy,

The reason you're getting that TELUS page when you plug into the switch is because you're only allowed 2 public IP addresses to be registered at a time and your routers are already taking up both spots. If you plug your laptop into one of the routers instead, the router will be giving a private IP address to the laptop and this will solve your problem. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nick_TELUS
Organizer

Hi Randy,

The reason you're getting that TELUS page when you plug into the switch is because you're only allowed 2 public IP addresses to be registered at a time and your routers are already taking up both spots. If you plug your laptop into one of the routers instead, the router will be giving a private IP address to the laptop and this will solve your problem.